Subject Author Posted Replies

OT TMH is the biggest catch of all:-)
Instead of listening to Radio 1 as per his "OT; Cruelty to Handyman. thread" I listened to Radio 2 today (8 hours drivng and 8 hours work). The presenter on radio 2 (Jo Whiley?) mentioned this "Time...
8
8

ESR meters again
I seem to be accumulating a pile of things with faults that are most likely down to dodgy capacitors, but my homebrew ESR meter's one of those things that is still in deep storage back in the UK....
10
10

OT; Cruelty to Handyman.
Working in a (closed) kiddies indoor play place - and had to listen to Radio One on full volume all day! The DJ's seemed to have an IQ slightly above that of a frog - and the "music" consisted of...
60
60

[SOLVED] scrap car batteries - how much do scrappies pay?
scrap car batteries - how much should/do scrappies pay? Jim K
75
75

Fitting a thermostatic bar mixer
I've got a thermostatic bar mixer with shower kit. I bought a fixing kit for the same. I have installed it as per instructions with approx 10mm of thread proud of the finished wall surface. This is...
2
2

A bit of Gripfill will fix that.
"The couple had a new central heating boiler fitted three weeks ago." e-1789694 Owain http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/callander-explosion-photos-video-coupl
32
32

Please we need help
Dear all, sorry for spamming here but I call upon your willingness to help this fundraising for medical costs and fight with cancer Please click bellow and help us. Thank you!
6
6

Bought a post auger
First time I have used one and I wish I had got one years ago, I used to dig out the holes for fence posts with a spade, last fence was 150 feet! Cant believe how easy it is with one of these (manual...
19
19

3 way cctv cable with power
I want to shorten a CCTV camera cable (3 way with power)but was confused when I discovered an unexpected blue wire inside the sheath. I need some help with the pairings for the reconnection, please. I...
1
1

hall light wiring with no earth.....
ageing rellies want a new hall ceiling light took a look - no earth just L & N pvc sheathed multi strand cables look original 50s? 60s to me... current light fitting is large exposed metal base and...
20
20

knuckle-jointed power tool extender ?
I used to use that sort of thing when there was no other choice (i.e. about every 10 minutes) but I always found it very easy to knacker the screw head since it's so hard to keep the screwdriver in...
12
12

electricity "meters" like current cost, killawatt, owl, etc
Hi, I was wondering about the various devices like "current cost", "kilawatt", and "owl" that measure your electricity usage. I know they have been discussed on here before and some people have said...
43
43

Comedy of Energy
Unusual to hear news people get anywhere near that real NT
5
5

Drain - Gully Trap - best practice
I am soon having an extension to my kitchen, It will involve moving the existing outside gully trap which accepts the sink waste. I had tee'd the dishwaher and washer into the sink waste. What is best...
4
4

12v car battery chargers....
so buying a charger:- screwfux have a 4A at £20 & a 6A at £30. the 4A one is "not recommended for batteries over 50Ah" ? (my borrowed charger has a "2A trickle charge" setting....) So is that just...
12
12