Subject Author Posted Replies

dremels
Hi, I remember reading a post here suggesting a dremel was the best thing to remove rusty screws that were holding down a toilet. Now I have some rusty screws but not on a toilet, and I do have...
30
30

Safely Invest in Currencies Trading (Forex): Start with as little as US$10.00 Investment.
Hello, We invite interested investors and private persons to safely invest in foreign currencies trading (Foreign Exchange, Forex) via our PAMM account (Percent Allocation Management Module account)...

'Garage door open' warning light
We've got a new sectional garage door that's for ever being left open if the button to close it isn't pressed as soon as we've finished with it and are back in the house. Has anyone got a simple...
3
3

Thermostatic shower
An elderly friend has moved into a new retirement home. she said that the shower keeps going cold soon after she gets in. I don't think it will be a shortage of hot water. She describes the shower...
7
7

Securing a garden gate
Need to secure my 6'high garden gate, but I want to be able to lock/unlock from either side. Not keen on the rim lock idea, current thinking is a chain & padlock. Any better ideas?
17
17

Insulation Advice
Hello After moving house a while ago with a garage below the living room and kitchen, we found these rooms to be chilly kind and blamed the windows. When I ripped out the old kitchen units in garage I...
15
15

btinternet
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these vibrating adverts that have appeared? I can get rid of the one on the right but not the one on the left or at the top. They are driving me mad!
3
3

cooker electrics
Hi, I started to think about refurbishing my kitchen but then it stalled. I've started thinking about it again ;) At the moment, the hob and oven are next to each other and a radial runs to a cooker...
7
7

Kenwood Chef repair
Does anyone have experience repairing a faulty Kenwood Chef mixer? It goes round but loses power every few seconds. Examination of the PCB reveals a swollen and cracked capacitor: It's the one at the...
5
5

Central Heating system in old house - help needed!
I bought a house with 3 separate heat sources able to provide heating for the domestic hot water and/or central heating. 1 - Rayburn (heats hot water only) 2 - Standard Oil Boiler (heats hot water and...
33
33

Swapping mid position valve
Swapping a Sunvic SD 2701 mid position valve for a Honeywell V4073A. Sunvic has 4 wires; blue, grey, orange & white. Honeywell has 5 wires; blue, grey, orange, white & earth. Wires from wiring centre,...
4
4

Car door handles etc
I read somewhere that black shoe polish will make the door handles and any plastic trim on Mrs Pounder's automobile black again. They are going a bit pale. I have tried that Back To Black and it don't...
18
18

Measuring corrugated roof ?
When measuring requirements for a corrugated roof if the sheet profile is say 3 inches does that mean when laying (side by side) that I would lose 3 inches off the width of each panel for overlap...
3
3

What rot is this?
I've posted some pix here of 'damaged beams' ( Does this look like something I could remedy myself? Any expertise gratefull recived! http://www.dthorpe.net/viewing/beams.htm
5
5

Frame for light roof
I am about to build a frame to support a plastic corrugated roof (ext to shed to create a dry area for working) the roof area will be approx 5 x 6 feet sloping (mono pitched). Frame 3 x 3 posts and...
3
3