Subject Author Posted Replies

Cobblers
Hi all, Daughter was recently given a pair of second hand but nice ('fashionable I'm told) all leather shoes. It could be that they were in fashion from the last time around because although only...
16
16

ADSL efficiency
I just downloaded an update - new thunderbird. peaked at 654 kBytes a second, or 5200 odd kbps..better than 95% of my 5500 BRAS. Thank you IP protocol, and IDNET for at least giving me an uncongested...
2
2

Buying raised panel router set in the UK
Hi all, I want to build 8 cathedral-style raised panel pine wardrobe doors to fit a built-in cupboard (each door is 2000mm high, 500mm wide). I will need to get a raised panel router bit set,...
4
4

Fixing battens and penetrating DPM
Hello, hoping someone can help. Proposed floor is pitch pine boards secret-nailed to 2 x 2 inch battens with insulation between, onto a concrete floor not known to have a DPM under it; therefore, DPM...
10
10

OT - tipping excavated material
Even if they do abandon it, I wonder if there is anything that anyone can do about dumping rubble, etc. "within the bounds of the property" as it's not really any different to using hardcore to...
15
15

Margaret Thatcher RIP;!...
The Tretower coliiery was run as a co-operative after the miners strike. It was run with half the manpower as previously and you had to pay to join/work there.
208
208

Grouting Travertine tiles.
Am about to tile with 100mm travertine wall tiles. These are tumbled with a pock marked face. As for grouting should I just do the joints, sort of like pointing or wipe the grout over the lot and rub...
3
3

Cleaning and regrouting tiled shower
My ceramic tiled shower cubicle is looking decidedly grubby, with black mildew on the grouting and silicone sealant, and limescale on the bottom of the metal frame. SMWBO wants a clean-up before...
9
9

Letting a flat as office space
I have a flat above my shop. When the tenants moved on last summer I started refurbishing it - it needed a lot of work, I had to rip out the entire bathroom to track down a leak, and the living room...
5
5

Large Barn window Help
I think you need to determine where the movement is. Likely the draught seals rubbing on the frame If the window is opening, maybe some silicon spray lubricant along where the draught seals make...
2
2

diyfaq correction
Settling is the action that occurs after slaking and depends on the slaked lime absorbing [lime] xxxco2xxx from the atmosphere.
1
1

Respirators
Drilling some fibreglass this afternoon reminded me that I need a new respirator/dust mask. Can anyone recommend one? Those disposable paper dust masks are useless.
14
14

Rules of thumb for guttering and number of downpipes?
Hi, Warmer weather cometh and it's time to put the guttering back... I have 4 downpipes. One is blocked, but only served a 3m bit of flat roof and there's a gulley drain nearby (yes I already pay for...
11
11

What are they called?
In article , Nightjar writes Won't be a problem, I want them to hold metal shutters on windows at a miniature railway whilst fixing the bolts inside - it will just stop them falling off while I go...
15
15

wickes 40mm waste pipe... 43mm
Just wondering about something, Parents are fitting a bath back into the bathroom that was changed into a shower room a few years ago, he needed some waste pipe, so nipped to the local wickes, and...
27
27