Subject Author Posted Replies

patio gravel/slope
Right, I've had three pallets of patio blocks sitting around since last year, and I really must get around to doing something with them... I'm assuming a layer of sand (about an inch) immediately...
7
7

sinking back boxes into walls - gone too deep
I'm trying to fit 4 25mm back boxes into walls. I've pepper potted the area with the drill then used a cold chisel to clear out the plaster and brick. However, the result is not smooth. There's a...
23
23

Drawer Runners
Hi, can anyone tell me if where I can get these plastic drawer runner inserts from? +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download:...
5
5

Laying concrete driveway ...
trying to evaluate all options for replacing the 2mm thick asphalt that calls itself a driveway in front of the garage (I suspect it was laid a few weeks before we viewed the property - it's lasted...
21
21

I blamed the effing goats...
... well, to an extent, I was right but that wasn't the whole picture. http://www.wimp.com/greendeserts/
19
19

Skylight - Scotland
Hi A. Does anyone know if a skylight such as the one linked below requires planning permission in Scotland? B. This unit is actually a little wider than I would ideally like (it's for a small box room...
5
5

Ready mix concrete: local mix?
Someone posted the name of a franchise recently which does the mixing on the spot. Can I find the thread? My neighbour has just told me he needs 1.5 cubic metres and I wondered if this method might be...
7
7

Thickening a liquid
I wish to thicken Roundup so I may apply it (by paintbrush) to the leaves of scutch grass which is growing up through everything in the borders. If I apply the bare liquid I run the risk of it running...
50
50

Sealing underground ducting at DPM
I'm having a concrete base laid for a garden studio. It will have a DPM. Services (water, electrics, LAN etc.) will be provided via 100mm ducting. The ducting will come up through the DPM and...
5
5

Blue ESR meter
Well, following the discussion a while ago, I ordered the kit. Built it today. Very nice...it worked first go, despite me lifting a track at one point and having to repair it. Board is quite good...
12
12

Recommended screws for skew-nailing deck boards?
I am currently planning the construction of a deck and have opted to use th e Simpson DBT1Z 'hidden' deck board tie to affix the boards: As you can see from the following graphic these require nailing...
18
18

TOT: sorry state of affairs
This from a friend, today. Gail arrived at five and stayed until ten past eleven last night. She spent most of the time telling us about last weekend, when the Sxxxxx under 11 football team, along...
42
42

Best security for an up&over garage door?
What's the best security for one of these? Another "mother" project, hers is an old Garador one with the release lever in the middle of the door but she's lost the keys so it's permanently unlocked. I...
8
8

FIT prices
New prices for FIT as from July. Also PV storage sytems. Ofgem has confirmed the feed-in tariff (FiT) rates for solar photovoltaic technology for the period starting 1 July 2013 until 1 October 2013....

Smart Meters
News on progress. The mass roll-out of smart meters has been delayed by a year following concerns that the industry is not fully prepared to implement the technology across 30 million UK homes.