Subject Author Posted Replies

IP Camera wireless issue
I'm struggling to set up an IP camera, a Maginon IP1.... It has both wired LAN socket and wireless. Using the wired I have managed to configure it, set it to enable the wireless, set it up with a...
14
14

OT:Any (Linux) UPS experts ?
Stuck at the last stage of setting up my server, and that is getting the (Eaton NV400) UPS configured. Server is running Debian Wheezy. I have installed and configured NUT, and so far everything...
20
20

Stuff it - this is ridiculous
"The Heat is On" playing in the background. I've held out against turning the CH back on from its 'frost protection' mode but this morning it was 5.9C at 07:00 outside. So the heating is back on for...
25
25

Lost Battery Power
Radio only.
45
45

High Loop Impedance reading
A washing machine engineer has refused to work on my faulty washing machine because he carried out an earth fault loop impedance test and found a high reading, I believe it was 3 ohms. He requires the...
21
21

Increasing the range of an RFID door access control
I got a cheap door access controller from Hong Kong. The keyfob has to be placed within 1.5 inches of the keypad for it to be picked up. Is it possible to make it sensitive enough so that approaching...
5
5

Bathroom floor grout
Ok, There is one area of the bathroom grout(one tile) that has cracked. I don't want to lift it at the moment, as SWIMBO is thinking that she would like it all changed! The tile moves slightly when I...
2
2

old gate hinge refurb options?
Lovely old heavy wooden pedestrian gate- huge old hinges worn so gate dropped at latch side... Hinges must have getting on for 1/2 inch play in them -sideways iyswim. Getting new ones as nice will be...
4
4

Core drilling technique
Don't get me started on fecking rubble walls. Too many of them around, for my liking. I was really referring to the relative ease of use of the core drill on something decent and modern.
11
11

setting 4 x 4 posts on concrete pad
Soaking in used engine oil has been recommended to me for similar purposes.
13
13

Names of bits of locks
For a lock that fits to the surface of a door and is not embedded in it, what is the thing on the door frame called, that the bolt goes in to? What is the square-sectioned rod that goes through a lock...
7
7

Garden tap thread size (2023 Update)
I want to buy a hose pipe to attach to the outdoor tap at my new house. Thread size measures up at about 30mm o/d and a tad less than 2mm pitch which doesn't seem to be any normal BSP size. Is this a...
27
27

Gluing (?) wood to concrete
I have inherited a shed made of cast (or moulded, whatever the word is) concrete for the lower walls on which the rest is built of wood. (It has a made-up as it was constructed look about it.) The...
12
12

Use class for wooden shed
I have a document that describes Use Classes 1, 2, 3a, 3b, 4. 3a is "Above ground, coated. Exposed to frequent wetting." Will that be appropriate for a garden shed that I shall paint after it is...

Real wood floor.
No. Saws, sander, a router & table's cheap compared to lots of premade flooring, as I said. And you get to keep or resell it. That's the killer, that & family time. NT
15
15