Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Google timeline help
Today it says I have no visits for this day. Location is on and location history is on. Any suggestions?
5
5

Temporary electricity supply.
Back story. Next door neighbour is a widow near 90 living on her own. Very stubborn. Was born in her house and wants to die in it. Totally housebound and won't have any visitors since Covid. So...
95
95

OT: Keeping the lights on.
For those here singing the praises of French energy policy with 70% of their electricity being nuclear, and who believe that nuclear power is the only way out of our energy crisis take a look at this...
6
6

SOT: iPad problem
My iPad is very old now: Mini 2. There is an update for Google Maps, which cannot be applied as it requires iOS 13.4 and my device only has iOS 12.5.5. Is there a way of cancelling the notification...
8
8

Bit of skill gone in to making this
An extraordinary table, if anyone is interested. A 5,000-year-old "bog oak" is unearthed in a field and transformed into a 13 metre-long table.
5
5

Securing a car stereo . . .
I'll be replacing the standard CD/FM single din radio in my Peugeot Partner with a double din DAB Carplay unit in the next couple of days - not overly flash, £260. To make the installation...
38
38

Used of creosote
Creosoted timber stops borers and termites in their tracks . I saved the bearers and joists under the floor of my house by creosoting them , applied by a brush ! The termites came down the hill behind...

Ideal logic system boiler - PDHW
Just for information, because a) It wasn't totally obvious that this would work b) The manual is extremely light on details c) There is no info I could find on the web about the V4043B wiring. Had an...
7
7

Help needed with maths (urgent)
Guys, I'm really hopeless at maths. I have a problem. A rather nasty crime has been committed and we have CCTV of a possible perpetrator, but much depends on timings. We've taken pains to get accurate...
29
29

Energy costs.
Despite government assurances, it cost me £110 to fill my car yesterday, and 90% more to (part) fill my heating oil tank, and my electricity standing order is up 90% too. Since everything uses energy...
26
26

Best way to remove vinyl lettering from boat hull?
I need to remove some old lettering from our boat's hull as I have changed its country of registration and need to remove the old numbers and (possibly) add some new. It's a painted steel hull and the...
12
12

The strange case of the nonexistent login...
I have an old cell phone - not smart - haven't used it in 5 years - sits on the charger. A few days ago I got two emails sending me copies of recorded messages, allegedly from Google sending me a...
1
1

jetwashing/cleaning block paving
Its that time of year where our front block paving and rear patio need jet washing again..... we find we have to do this twice yealry as algae grows on both and the block paving in particular is prone...
2
2

Prices
Talking of price rises, the cost of fencing and wood generally seems to have gone up a lot recently. Brian
13
13

Pointing patio with mortar gun
Some years ago, I had a new tarmac drive - with a line of pavers all round to finish it off. The people doing it pointed between the pavers using a mortar gun - and made it look very easy, but I...
2
2