Subject Author Posted Replies

Wrecked saw blade, heads up.
It may be common knowledge but it is news to me, if you are cutting at 45 degrees vertically with a sliding mitre saw there may be a bit of the guide that needs loosening up and sliding out of the way...
6
6

Cordless palm routers - charging/runtime
I haven't kept the manual and can't find info online..... Has anyone got a cordless palm router? I have a Ruyika 21v 6000mah, it hasn't a charging station but a power pack and DC plug that goes into...
11
11

Heathrow
Someone asked if you can walk into Heathrow. Yes it is physically possible, there are two smaller tunnels either side of the main tunnels, mainly used by taxis and those in the know, which have a...
20
20

Electric car energy measurements.
Why are they reported in kWh and not MegaJoules? It pisses me off to an unreasonable degree.
51
51

Water flow calculation
I have a large lake that is 14' vertically above where I want water to be ... he lake is also 350' away from where I want the water. If I were to lay in a 5" pipe, can anybody calculate the...

OT'ish: what has happened to Doodle polls? (2023 Update)
A few years ago I was an enthusiastic user of Doodle polls but I went back to set-up a poll today to find the most convenient date for a bunch of people to get together and it seems that Doodle has...
11
11

Timber yards
FFS. I find a timber yard within reasonable traveling distance that has the skirting/architrave I want in wood (i'm oiling it, not painting). And they cut. Bold claims on their website about how well...
8
8

OT(ish) - why has biomass generation suddenly backed off?
For a long time the biomass generation has been running flat out. However at the moment it is wound right back. I have read that: (1) Wholesale gas prices are very low at the moment because we are...
1
1

Patio and a rendered wall
Now my fence and wall builders have gone, I have noticed a nice boot print on the dark patio slabs. Te cleaner did not seem to shift it, so what would be the suggestion next? It looks like its just...
1
1

Output voltage of shaver socket, seems high
My B-I-L (who is an electrician) has come across an oddity. A shaver socket that he has installed produces an output voltage that measures as 280 volts. He has asked about it on another forum and...
18
18

Carbon-Dioxide Level in Atmosphere Hits Historical High
Carbon-Dioxide Level in Atmosphere Hits Historical High By Nidhi Subbaraman, May 5, 2022, WSJ The level of CO2 in the atmosphere rose to a record in April, according to measurements of the...

Gas hob ignition stopped working
We have had one of these for many years never had an issue. Worked fine as late as yesterday. Tried to use it today - ignition is dead. Operated by pressing the knobs downwards. Nothing - not a sign...
12
12

Adding wifi relays to heating system
If I wanted to add a couple of Wi-Fi controlled relays to my S Plan system, would I be correct in thinking that I?d just need to wire the relays across terminals 1 and 4 for CH and 1 and 6 for HW...
16
16

Online Banking preference.
Hello, I currently do my online banking via a web browser on Windows 10. I have no desire to have an online banking app on my mobile phone. With the upcoming Windows 11 "upgrade" I have been thinking...
58
58

Definitely DIY
I'm thinking of buying a Fleshlight. Anyone got any makes/models that they'd like to recommend? Is worth paying the extra for one with a built in vibrator? Tia.
4
4