Subject Author Posted Replies

Need a hole to pass a mains plug through
55mm holesaw sound about right?
9
9

Mains screwdriver
Been offered one at a very attractive price, but cant decide. Are they still worth having these cordless days? This one isnt an autofeeder. NT
14
14

OT: Is this absurd or absurd?
Seems bloody absurd to me! Two diesel power stations planned in Plymouth will compensate for fluctuations in supplies from green energy, say developers.
12
12

Lidl battery charger repair
You may remember that in another post i commented that i had a FOC replacement for the failed Ultimate speed charger. Dismantled the old one today and the cause of the failure was the cheap DPST/PTM...
7
7

De Walt Drill/driver makes screeching noise!
My DeWalt drill Has 2 speeds. Slow speed works fine, but in the high speed position it just makes a screeeching sound (the chuck does turn, but only slowly). It is fixable? I plan to take it apart...
3
3

40inch Samsung Smart 3D TV & using Skype
Hi all, Can anyone help please? I am trying to help a friend set up their new Smart TV, they bought to be able to use Skype on it. On setting the set up an onscreen keyboard is available to type in...
8
8

Patio Black Spot Remover
Hi all, Does anyone have any experience of this stuff? th=60&product_id=54 By way of background it is intended to remove highly persistent black funga l growth from Indian sandstone paving. I've got...
44
44

Collection/delivery services
I'm trying to find some old wheels for an urgent replacement on a trailer plus some spares. Local scrappies and others have drawn a blank, but ebay might have something suitable. The trouble is that...
14
14

OT:Leccy stats from UPS ...
ah, what it is to have a new toy (well in this case an old toy you've bothered to get working properly ;) ). Finally got round to enabling logging on my UPS ... here's the first 24 hours data ......
4
4

Croydex shower rail and instructions and funny PB plug
Just a minor note about apparently good instructions which may not be quite as good as they first look, plus a note on buying more than you need :-) We bought a Croydex shower rail and the...

Miracle?
Or is it a variation on the marketing of the infamous boiler short-cycling gizmo? http://www.voltage-optimiser.co/
33
33

Reducing limescale
Do things like this: work? If yes, how?
13
13

cold water tank "thing"
Hi I've just been into the loft to replace the float valve as the previous one was just too noisy in a whistling sort of way. The new Pegler valve is wonderful! I had a good look into the tank, and...
3
3

Suitability of dimmer switches
Mother-in-law is looking for new light fittings for a couple of rooms but her final choice will be decided by the decorative design of the fittings, rather than what sort of lamps are used. There are...
13
13

How would you re-glaze a garage window?
Opposite end to the up&over door is an old fashioned single-glazed window roughly 3 foot high by 6 foot wide, 3 panes with one of them opening. 2 of the panes are broken and need replacing. Should I...
7
7