Subject Author Posted Replies

Anyone into 3D printing?
I see that Maplin is about to offer a 3D printer for £700. Any comments? Is it likely to be worth a punt?
17
17

Prototyping board
I did use to have quite dense layouts (over 100 ICs on one board for example). But I liked the 100% flexibility of placement without worrying about conforming to the strip layout, or having to cut...
17
17

How to fix toughened glass to steel frame?
I've an old single glazed Crittal galvanised steel framed, leaded light, window. This is used as a door to utility room and garden. Unfortunately one of our dogs in a fit of excitement has put out one...
5
5

Swan S19020N
Does any body know how to open the iron .I have removed the screw on backplate, there are two more under the bottom but just seem to turn , Thanks in advance Ken

Insulated wooden compost bin
I'd like to make a large (1.5m3) wooden compost bin that's insulated to try to run the compost hot. My existing bins are crap and it just sits there slowly turning into mush despite turning and the...
23
23

Water leaking round a door window - help please?
I am helping a friend repair an external door. I know it needs painting on the outside and that is one of the jobs on the list so let?s put that to one side. I have put some photos here They are full...
4
4

Garage Door
Eventually getting round to it... Was trying to find least expensive wire brish for angle grinder when I fell across polycarbide abrasive wheels. Another site says: "Ideal for use with angle grinders...
2
2

3rd-party-caused Power Cuts
Why do they always last for almost exactly the same amount of time it takes for the bewildered panic to start wearing off and the process of elimination rules everything else out? Everything suddenly...
12
12

The best gas boiler
Hi Folks Back again for another bit of disinterested advice with only 70,000 unread messages to wade through (not). I tried to search the archive but couldn't find any link that still worked so this...
10
10

Musical Ear Defenders
Does anyone know of a source of Ear defenders that are also Bluetooth enabled? I can find plenty that have cable connections, plenty with FM radios etc...
10
10

Chamfering glass edges
Just got a cheap Lloyd loom basket from auction, it has a glass top, secured at the corners. The problem is it is just a piece of 8mm ish cut glass and is quite sharp on it's edges. What is the...
10
10

Storing office furniture outside
My shed project is running behind schedule. I've got a 4 drawer filing cabinet and a storage cupboard (72"x36"x18" ) in someone's office that they want out. The only place I've got at the moment is...
5
5

Film on headlight plastic
Any recommendations for removing the film from plastic headlights. My garage recommended T-Cut but it doesn't seem to make much difference. Googling gets me to kits which seem to use some serious...
12
12

OT subscription services
Hi Can anyone recommend a firm that offers a membership subscription service for a small charity with 500 members? Needs to be able to accept standing orders, DD credit and debit cards preferably via...
2
2

Ebay and wood flooring.
+1, I bought Kahrs from them in 2004 and they were very helpful with advice on what was suitable and the delivery was both efficient and helpful.
5
5