Subject Author Posted Replies

Repair to fence posts
My friend has a wooden fence with wooden posts about 10 cm x 10 cm. It is not in great condition but she does not want to replace it as it is a mutual fence for nine flats and the others seem...
12
12

Age of microwave
how do i know the age of my microwave ive got model no an serial number
15
15

Re: Central Heating Pump non stop
It may prevent the problem from occurring - but it ain't going to unweld the contacts in the boiler if the problem has already happened. Anyway, that's very unlikely to be the problem. ISTR that the...
2
2

Re: Honda Izzy, no spark
When I said 'clip' I actually meant a piece of stiff wire bent into a sort of @ shape - with the middle permanently round the main handle and the outer bit able to be hooked - and unhooked - round the...

Re: Platic oil tanksealant
Thanks for the Staloc suggestion. I've had a quick look at their website and it looks promising
6
6

Re: Toilet handle: cisten hole size?
Am 23.05.2022 um 23:58 schrieb Terry Pinnell: They say: Fits 17mm to 20mm. a little less pricey. Chrome cistern lever/flush handle for Ideal Standard toilet cisterns. This is a standard lever for...
3
3

Electrical items . . .
I'm just doing a bit of 12V wiring and came across these bits in my spares tin: last 2 pics - a sort of clasped ferrule that appears to be crimped to the end of stranded wire. And a terminal block...
15
15

Cement goes off too quickly
Hi all, I am laying some blocks and the cement is drying out /going off after about 25 mins or so. Not completely dry but dry enough to make it almost impossible to lay blocks. If I add a little water...
17
17

Re: OT - Google accounts turning off less secure access
Not used it, but another approach could be <> An IMAP/SMTP proxy that transparently adds OAuth 2.0 authentication for clients that don&#39;t support this method. - GitHub -...
82
82

Car port
I need to build a 5.5 x 5mts clear roofed car port. What would be the best wood to use given that we live right on the coast.

NiMH batteries and R/C models.
I've not got a Li-Ion charger, so that'd be more to buy. I have NiMH cells and a charger, which would help to add to the much cheapness very good aspect.
2
2

Where to find material for Velux Blind Replacement?
My chalet bungalow was built in 1983 and has 6 x Velux windows ref GGL 2. They are in good condition but the blind material needs replacing. Velux only offer the complete blind assembly, has anybody...
2
2

Bath Pop-Up Waste
Hi, I have a pop-up waste on my bath and I need to remove/repair/replace the round handle thing (#1 in the pdf). It's very much like this: there is no screw to secure the handle (#2 in the pdf). How...

DIY kits for motorising vertical blinds ?
We have regular curtains at the moment, but SWMBO is finding them harder to close with the pull cord. Rather than motorising curtains, we like the idea of vertical blinds that can be (or are)...
10
10

OT: Drawing cash with no branch
You can do it at the Post Office but if it's over the limit you can draw it's a case of 'your call is important to us' on the phone to the bank and then 15 mins in the PO. I can't decide if i'd...
17
17