Subject Author Posted Replies

How far would a car run on the battery ?
Longish story. Scenario was son had done deal to trade his car in and coming down through Gloucester warning light about low battery came up on dash. 17:00hrs Lashin g rain. Has to get to Bristol that...
53
53

Any use for a fridge freezer motor / compressor?
I was about to scrap an old FF. Can anyone thing of a worthwhile use for the motor compressor before I scrap it with the machine?
9
9

Problems with a whirlpool S20E fridge/freezer
This thing is still working but the temperature displays have started winking at about 1 wink/second and with an associated tick noise. It's about 8 years old. Any suggestions for what might be going...
4
4

Kinetico water softeners
Just back from an interesting visit to the Homebuilding and Renovating show, where I was surprised to find a design company offering a house called The Millstone - I wonder if they have many takers?...
5
5

How to washing tonnes of muddy gravel?
En el artículo , Andrew Mawson escribió: Are you planning to put a membrane down first?
36
36

Close coupled back to the wall toilet
I'm now shopping for a toilet. I've seen ths sort: Not wall hung but the sort where the pan part goes back to the wall like this: With regards to installation do they present any additional problems...
8
8

eBay Poster Required
I need someone who can post ads for me on eBay I will pay 70gbp per ads
21
21

finishing MDF - spray? foil? 2 pack?
I fancy making a piece of furniture, a chest of drawers in fact. It will feature a CNC routered design and so I thought MDF - but how to finish it off as professionally as poss? hardwearing "paint"...
6
6

Sound proofing advice required please
I get woken up regularly when my neighbour closes a door, because it makes a "thump" sound. I'm renting, so I can't make any structural changes to my flat, but I am wi lling to put any sound proofing...
12
12

Cladding block wall on terraced garden
I have a small terraced area at the back of my garden. The bottom two level s of the terracing are slabbed over so you can put furniture on them. Howev er, they are ugly grey slabs. Similarly the two...
7
7

How to test unknown substance
Ok to be more specific I have some white granules/powder (like household salt) in a jar. This comes from my last house and just getting some stuff from the garage unpacked (after 2 years) Now has...
27
27

Best "de-grouting" method?
I've got some grouting to remove from between some tiles and I thought I could use my dremel type tool to grind/mill it out but it turns out that the tool is too hard or the tiles are too soft as it...
2
2

Large cupboard handles.
Anyone know where to get Imperial sized large cupboard handles ? I need to match existing ones, which have a distance between fixing centres of 12 inches and the caps covering the mountings are 2...
15
15

Stitching round the edge of bits of carpets to make mats
I've laid some new carpet and I want to get some offcuts of carpet stitched/bound round the edges to make them into mats that won't fray. I can't seem to find anyone that does it locally. Anyone know...
9
9

Do CPC ship to Europe?
As per subject, will CPC send stuff to a European mainland address (France to be specific)? I couldn't find anything on their web site about non-UK shipping.
6
6