Subject Author Posted Replies

Farm track/ footpath/unadopted.
and how is the Parish Council going to pay for these "pushed down" services?
63
63

When is a garage not?
I'm thinking of moving (or more likely demolishing and rebuilding) my current detached garage so it could be linked to the house through a small rear extension. But the space available means that the...
62
62

OT: setting up Microsoft Office 365
There's a wealth of knowledge in here so does anyone know anything about setting up Microsoft Office 365? The O365 side has been set up from a previous domain registrar's system but we've just moved...
33
33

OT: kids in a dinghy in the sea safety question
Let's say you're thinking of buying an inflatable dinghy to put 2 young kids in the sea at the beach. What would be your recommended safety equipment? I'm thinking 2 lifejackets and a rope to tie to...
44
44

costs for man and van
actually van and two men. what do you pay? The hourly quote that I've just got is a lot more than when I moved in. I'm only going 15 miles, so the running costs of the van will be minimal, but I know...
23
23

Source of used oil drums?
I am about to try and make an incinerator from an old oil drum. All I need is an old oil drum :-) eBay and Gumtree don't show any in the local area - loads for around £10 but local collection only....
6
6

OT:Quadcopter cameras
I vague recall they were mentioned here a while ago. For some reason Amazon has just flashed an example of one to me (people who bought this also bought ....) which kind got me thinking ... are these...
4
4

Roundup
Has anyone else noticed this stuff is isn't a patch on what it used to be? I reckon the formula's been got-at and substantially weakened. It's lost mo st of its effectiveness. Is there a new...
52
52

Penetrating/releasing oil
Hi all, What's the most effective penetrating oil available now? I need something to free off seized nuts on threads and collars on shafts. WD40 seems hopeless for this purpose; I've never had any...
22
22

All reactors bar one back online...
Totting up the last figures from EDF and Magnox, nets me 7.877 GW but the grid is showing 8,34GW, which ties in with the fact that one Reactor at Dungeness B was due to come back into serviuce after...
12
12

Identify cupboard door catch
As you would expect, it has two parts, with two screw fixing to each part. Both parts are entirely plastic. The part which fits on the frame forms a pin or peg with an enlarged bulbous end and this...

Less power with lights ON !!!!!!!
I've just changed twelve GU10 45w spotlight bulbs in my office for a mixture of 30 and 60 led GU10 one left over from a house re-furb. That particular circuit has an 'electricity monitor' hooked on...
10
10

Replacing Tile Hanging with Rendering
I'm considering removing the awful 60's green tile hanging on our house and replacing with some sort of rendered finish, using some kind of insulating board under the rendering. Has anyone any...
9
9

All change
Another tory U turn Councils are voting through plans for ?menacing? solar farms that blight the countryside because they are so afraid of being taken to court by developers, a minister has admitted.
27
27

standard track shelving: single-track brackets with screwholes
[ pls note and adhere to fup2 ! thanks ] Moin, I hope this is the correct group for this kind of question. I am looking to install standard two-track shelving in my home but would like to use single...