Subject Author Posted Replies

Aerial Connections (Bill Wright)
In the past few weeks I have been experiencing very poor Freeview. My Panasonic tells me that New Channels have been found every time I switch on. I do a scan and nothing changes. My other TV is...
38
38

Ping TNP:re Gridwatch
The pop-up balloons are handy, thanks for adding them. Font is a bit on the small side though
7
7

Cambridge Spam Already
Yes - already received a spam to celebrate some birth or other... Imagine some poor sap was told - sit and wait, and when you hear the news click this button...
9
9

Redundant 13 amp socket
Some alterations have left us with a double socket where SWMBO does not want it (It was above a kitchen worktop - we have removed the worktop in that part of the kitchen.) The socket is on the ring -...
112
112

How does this business model work?
I ordered an adapter from a merchant on for £3.98 including shipping; it came by Royal Mail 2nd today, & still has the Maplin cardboard tag on the pack! The Maplin price is £5.79. ??
22
22

Opinion sought: Evolution Fury, 185 mm multipurpose circular saw
How good is the Evolution Fury, 185 mm multipurpose circular saw, B&Q 59.98, for light use. Any experience?
16
16

UPVC adhesive
I have noticed a small piece of the joining trim on the outside of one UPVC bay widow has come unstuck. What's the best thing to stick it back with? Mike
7
7

Water pressure on shared supply
The top half of our street is affected by a prioblem with the shared supply pressure. Pressure issues seems to stop some of them having particular types of boiler and showers just don't work. When a...
32
32

Floods?
I see they are forecasting local floods/thunder storms now. Everyone prepared? Should we all be floodproofing our houses?
26
26

(somewhat) O/T: Question about half-lives.
Hello, Sorry if this is a stunningly basic question, but humour me... How is the safety of something worked out from half-lives? That probably sounds horribly worded, but I was read"Half life of...
22
22

OT'ish. How big is a house?
Say the size of a house is described as 1200 sq feet, what exactly does that mean? I'm guessing it's not the footprint times 2. mark
17
17

vinegar weed killer- result
I said I would try it and post back... For the test I used a pint of white vinegar + a teaspoon of salt, in a small spray bottle. It sort of worked on the lighter weeds after two days, killing the...
18
18

Secure lock for side gates (like garage door)
We have new side gates - a pair. They look like garage doors and the inside is sheltered by the car port. At the moment they are closed by a simple sash lock in a metal case, fitted externally - old...
4
4

Manky sod
http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/VIDEO-Disgust-toilets-cleaned-street/story-19249141-detail/story.html
1
1

OT: Newsreader for Android
I know it's OT, but there are lots of knowledgeable people here who know all about usenet and newsreaders. I've just acquired a Google Nexus 10 (Android) tablet for use when travelling, and it would...
11
11