Subject Author Posted Replies

Shared guttering
Hi all, I live in a semi detached house. Currently our guttering is full and in need of clearing and cleaning, I’ve booked someone to come and sort that already. This sadly has been causing problem...
2
2

OT: DSLR recommendations
Any shutterbugs on the Panel? I've decided it's time to upgrade from my current Olympus DSLR which is now getting on a bit and showing its age. I don't want to spend more than about 1800 quid tops for...
19
19

Does this leave you feeling slightly inadequate?
(even if there a team of helpers behind the scenes, some of the stuff she creates is still massively impressive!) Living Off The Grid, Girl Build The Most Beautiful Underground House Basement with...
23
23

Cooked up something...
DIY of a slightly different kind :-) This one seems popular, so I thought I ought to write it down: DIY Nosh, Fragrant Ginger Chicken - DIYWiki
2
2

Chinky
What has facebook got against me using the word Chinky ?
11
11

OT: Online Banking Security!
Why do they keep bloody changing the process!? I've a Sainsbury credit card i've not used for ages, I thought i'd leave it somewhere so that when I haven't my wallet about me all is not lost if I want...
24
24

I knew this one
New Series and new set! Here is Bob Holness hosting ITV's teatime quiz in 1992. Enjoy.
1
1

Plane sole
Got an old plane with a rusty baseplate. Simple to remove the rust, but how to stop it rerusting? Paint would wear off onto the wood, varnishes tend to be high friction, oils/waxes would go onto the...
12
12

Cutting mild steel
Hi all, I have several dozen cuts to make in 15mm square box section (1mm thick walls). They all need to be about two foot long when finished. The issue is, I need to make nearly all the cuts at 45...
14
14

How to install a lintel
Hi all The next phase of the BBQ is to fit a row of concrete lintels I have laying around to make the base for the cooking "trough". The will be supported on either end and in the centre. Conscious...
1
1

OT ish.
VW have volunteered a payment to owner claimants. Report in the Times claimed that 400 times more NOx was released using the cheat system than permitted. Is this likely or some hack misinterpreting...
14
14

BCO checks on windows
What do BCO's look for, when, for replacement windows? I am contemplating replacing a few windows - over some years as redecorate - but want to wrap them into one application. Can't find e.g. if they...
8
8

Heating System Updgrade
Many moons ago I asked in here about the cost of work on my CH system, the consensus seemed to be the cost was not unreasonable. The plumber spent three full days on it, finishing yesterday. He...
1
1

Vintage Evershed & Vignoles Ltd London 250 Volt Megger on BHF website
“Untested as this item does not have a power supply present. This item may not work correctly and could incur extra cost in repairs, please bid accordingly.” Hmm. It looks like it has a hand-crank...
8
8

Weeping isolator valve
I've 2 valves under my stairs so I can isolate the downstairs rads, i've had cause to turn one a few times recently and now the bastard is dripping. I presume the only remedy is to replace it or is...
10
10