Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Cunning new scam.
Of course it is. Everyone's heard of the dead cat Bounce. Dead famous it is. ;-) Tim
214
214

Toilet cistern filling up past level
We have one of these new type 2 button push type cistern/toilets and have just noticed, well heard it really, that it is filling up after a flush past the water level which is marked on the inside....
16
16

Went into DIY shed today
to buy some wood. It was the one that's really not sure if it's a trade building supplier or a domestic retail outlet. Whilst I was there, I happened to have in my hand something that I needed to take...
17
17

permanent ladder standoff beneath gutter?
I'm looking for something solid yet not unsightly I can attach to the house, so I can lean my ladder against that in preference to leaning against the 4" plastic gutter and breaking it. I've got a...
2
2

VOSA
Does anyone know what it costs to get VOSA approval on a small custom-built trailer? Bill
10
10

Should our sink waste hole reducer be sealed?
Our steel kitchen sink has a circular reducer which takes the diameter of the waste hole down from something like 3.5" (or whatever it is in mm) to the usual size. Presumably it allows you to put a...
3
3

Blu-ray Player.
And I have a 12" penis but I'm not sure that this answers the OPs question... Tim
16
16

Getting inside a man's shed.
Getting inside a man's shed. (BBC report on old gits sharing space to work on projects in a community workshop) A new movement is bringing like-minded gentlemen together to tinker on projects in a...
9
9

Bolt size
I need to find bolts like the one in the picture. (Slotted countersunk 10mm long) The bolt will screw into existing threads on an old steel window frame to fix the hinges. I have tried M5 and it does...
41
41

EU rolling back on 'green' energy?
OK, it is the Global Warming Policy Foundation, who are actually very measured and sceptical..but its an interesting piece. " Europe, the Washington Post recently warned, ?has become a green-energy...
7
7

Copper grease for anti-seize lamba sensor
I'm replacing a car O2 (lamba) sensor and wondered about using an anti-seize compond. The ones I see ebayed usually say "contain copper.. etc." so I wonder if a little copper-grease would do the job?...
3
3

Some interesting ideas for all you DIYs
http://www.videobash.com/video_show/some-pretty-cool-furniture-708595

More scamming cold callers
Alzheimer mother was getting pestered by some company (I wrote the name down but can't find it now). They phoned up and presumably went through a list of building items before they hit upon a back...
26
26

Can you buy paraffin at a reasonable price?
I was thinking about getting a tilley lamp to use in the garden. A bit nostalgic I guess, as I used to have one back in the 70s. You used to be able to get paraffin easily and cheaply (esso blue or...
59
59

O ring grooves
Hi all, In hydraulic pumps and the like, you typically find o ring seals sitting in little grooves around a cylinder to prevent liquid leaks. Question is, are these grooves semi-circular or square in...
5
5