Subject Author Posted Replies

Ronseal Multi Purpose Wood Filler
Am I only now catching up with this instruction on the back of the tub that possibly everyone else has seen ? :- "3. Smooth over with a wet knife before dying" I did look at that several times and at...
1
1

How do I remove this glass
Hope this link works I cracked/broke the glass in this dial gauge. I'm trying to source a replacement but in the mean time can't work out how to remove the broken glass. (es I know its not actually...
6
6

a healthy ng.
i thought i'd have a quick peek in here and see what's up before i went back to the shelving. this ng is like usenet used to be in its hayday, before all those bloody social networking sights fucked...
26
26

Underfloor heated screed - edge insulation.
I'm sticking some JG Speedfit UFH pipe in the screed of the conservatory. The floor will be 75mm screed on 75mm celotex on DPM on concrete. The concrete is already there. I know you need an edge...
19
19

OT Air con fogs up windscreen
Car in for service next week. Unlike other cars I've had, in wet weather use of a/c is usually necessary to keep screen clear of fog. Next time car started (that day say) screen fogs up massively...
27
27

Tiny washer/circlips
There's a fairly common style of small internal circlip which has three inward-facing lobes, so that it works as a washer as well as a circlip, but I don't know what these are called. I've got a...
7
7

crazed digital camera screen
My Canon SD700 IS has been dropped and the screen now shows nothing but a pattern of cracks - NOT the outer glass, the digital screen behind the glass. Can it be replaced ? Jim Hawkins
7
7

OT: Using internet cafes
Is it safe to make a purchase using credit card, on a computer in an internet cafe? Specific thing I'm thinking of is being on holiday, say in Germany for instance, and using an internet cafe to book...
20
20

B&Q Homefit
Saw a sign in B&Q today for their Homefit service, in the tiling section. Floors or walls tiled 'from' £39 a sq/mtr 'subject to survey'. Sounds s bit pricy to me?
7
7

25mm polished brass dimmer?
I looking for a decent polished brass dimmer that will fit in to a 25mm deep box. I was going to use MK but they dont do polished brass. Then settled for Contactum but theirs are for 35mm boxes,...

How to restring a Metallophone?
Hi all I recently bought this metallophone - like a xylophone but with suspended round metal bars instead of plates on rubber: The thing needs a good clean, and two of the pipes have been strung in...

diy projects to do.
1 put shelf rails and shelves at each end of the dinning room cupboard (finaly started that yesterday). 2 the same for hall cupboard upstairs. 3 the same for end of two bedroom cupboards. 4 fit an...
28
28

Garden Shed- rules?
What are the rules for the the construction of a garden shed? Can I build one of brick and block rather than timber or must it be wood?
5
5

The other type of right-angle kettle connector.
I need a right-angle kettle connector to feed into the power supply on a tower PC. All the ones I can find (one of which is in my "box of a million un-used leads") are such that looking at the kettle...
41
41

OT Braun Oral B Heads
Has anyone any comments about "compatible" heads for the Braun Oral B toothbrushes?
19
19