Subject Author Posted Replies

Petrol prices to go up again.
Sunshine is sill free. Fuel prices will go up by 4p a litre within weeks, motoring experts are warning. The increase will be due to rising crude oil prices and is certain to put renewed pressure on...
30
30

UV window film?
Having just taken delivery of a leather suite Im concerned about the affects of fading from our large patio south facing bay window. Any suggestions of a suitable window film to prevent fading?
1
1

What an idiot
Father watches in horror as his four-year-old daughter is killed when SIX breeze blocks fall on her while he tears down garden shed Father Karl Stonestreet, from Bath, Somerset, got his chisel stuck...
55
55

So what are "self-cleaning windows"?
Not thinking of buying some but I heard an ad on the radio earlier and was curious. I tried looking them up on Wiki but it all got a bit technical. Something to do with rain? Do they really work or is...
18
18

Woodburner with hotwater/radiator(s)
Does anyone have any recent experience of specifying a small woodburning "wet" system - say 5kW woodburner with 2kW to room and the rest to hot water/radiator(s). I could fit one using a redundant...
17
17

Useful PV?
I thought this might stir some ribaldry:-) A functional use for photovoltaics.
15
15

Consumer Unit Tails
Question on behalf of neighbour. He has a 3ph PME supply, he still working on his build so has a temporary supply box (DP switch, MCB, RCCD and pair of sockets)and earthed via Earth rod. I recommended...
16
16

Gutter drop
By how much per metre length should a gutter drop?
4
4

Mini digger time estimate
How much can you do in a weekend with a 1 ton (+/-) mini digger and a skip loading mini dumper? Or to turn it around, I have 2 jobs: 1) Load 6-8m3 previously kango'd concrete into a skip 15-30m away....
18
18

Re: Lights in my staircase coming on (and sometimes off) without human intervention
In article , Duncan Wood scribeth thus Wonder what the capacitance of a lump of twin 1.0/1.5 mill cable is and remember theres an earth conductor which might/might not be connected. Course if there...
11
11

Positioning hasp and staple
Of hasp and staple, which goes on the gate and which on the post? Perhaps it doesn't matter.
2
2

Homebase 15% off everything*Online and in-store Sat 24 - Mon 26 Aug
Homebase 15% off everything*Online and in-store sale on all items, includin g those already reduced Sat - Mon From Sat 24 - Mon 26 Aug, enter the code DISCOUNT15 online at Homebase* (de livery starts...
5
5

OT- British Standards Online Via Libraries now knobbled a bit
The online British Standards service supplied though local libraries used to permit (indirectly) the downloading of the pdf file of the standard for offline viewing and printing. Looks like the...
2
2

electric nailers
just had to get a new shed and want to insulate and line it. Did this to my previous shed and drove my neighbor wild with the endless tap, tap bang of driving home endless nails. Thought it might be...
9
9

before I dump the dishwasher
A try here. The DWH B10 dishwasher is giving 7 flashes which is the error c ode for the flow meter. I had the meter out and tested it for continuity wi th a voltmeter, blowing in the inlet to move the...
6
6