Subject Author Posted Replies

Laptop screen filler
I'm trying to make this oldish Lenovo tablet convertible laptop work with Windows 8. It uses a pen for input in tablet mode and nearly works well, except that there is a narrow gap into which I can...
3
3

Washing machine motor problem
Zanussi so ancient it is solely electromechanical, no electronics The low rpm wash cycle is no more, spin cycle is fine so presumably the motor start cap is ok. There was a burning smell so is the...
3
3

Leaking shower fittings behind tiled wall
Any option other than to dismantle the tiled wall, sort the problem and rep lace? We have matching tiles available, so is it feasible to just remove a handful of tiles to access the area? Tiles are...
8
8

Dulux paint match - Ikea white
Does anyone have experience of getting a paint match for Ikea white (Ikea don't seem to sell it themselves). I have a short length of skirting board that would look much better matching the kitchen...
9
9

Warning light on rangehood etc
My rangehood has a light and a three speed fan. There's a red warning light to show that the light is on (when that is rather obvious) but not a warni ng light to show that the fan is on. The fan on...

Cutting notches
I have a reasonable number of notches to be cut into 100 x 47 timbers Want to cut cross slots 30mm deep so timbers will slot over some 200 x 47 beams, good enough for glue joints. Want to do the job...
88
88

Sawn wood sizes
I thought I had a pretty reasonable grasp of wood sizes ... but latest delivery surprised me. I wanted a consignment of good old 4x2" sawn ...... so in metric terms this should come in as standard...
18
18

Kitchen Drawer Runner
Hi All, Has anyone seen these kitchen drawer runners before and know where to get them from? I need 6 of them and I don't want to change the drawers or cabinets. Any help will be appriciated....
2
2

I want an ethernet cable reel
...ie, one of those pass-through wind-up reels that you can readily obtain for mains cable extensions, TV coax, phone cables - in fact pretty much any form of cable except CAT5E as far as I can see!...
17
17

Chainsaw sharpening
I've got myself a shot of the neighboring farmer's chainsaw (actually he has several) to cut a couple of my trees down. However I've volunteered to sharpen them in future to save him the routine cost...
5
5

How to join rainwater pipe to rainwater pipe cut off at ground level.
Hi All, Some time ago I removed a short section of rainwater pipe (approx 8-10 inch es) in order to fit a retrofit plastic above ground grid thingy. I may hav e to reverse this in order to make our...
1
1

Draining CH
I've got plasterers in over the next couple of weeks, so the radiators will need to be moved. I'm quite happy to do this, having read the instructions on draining the boiler (an Ideal Logic combi),...
2
2

Screwfix finally fix their website a bit
You can now click on the path to traverse back up the hierarchy of categories. I found this one of the most annoying bugs. Finding an item from a search, and then not being able to look at the rest of...
4
4

Screwing into concrete
Have heard about screws that you drill a pilot hole and screw directly into a concrete floor - no raw plug so ideal for fixing floor boarding, skirting and the like. But I can not find them in either...
13
13

Living without electricity
This is not really a serious question, but your thoughts will be interesting. Vaguely house hunting, as you do, we came across a lovely 4 bed cottage, a mile away from the nearest small town. The...
114
114