Subject Author Posted Replies

Building regs, bathrooms, and washing machines
But which edge of zone 2:-)?
7
7

Chimneys, thatches, and fire risk
We're buying a place that is thatched. Rethatched soon as well :( but we've had conflicting advice - surveyor says put in a wood burning stove, less sparks & less fire risk. Builder says refurbish the...
6
6

Routing How To's
I have 3 of the 'standard' pieces of work .... Still on sale on many sites These are the detailed practical Videos by Roy Sutton #1 Basic Routing #2 Advanced Routing #5 Making Routing Jigs & gadgets....
1
1

'your car's bucked, could you give us a call?"
It says buckled now, did they change it?!?
38
38

Photo beam to trigger relay
Looking for recommendations on a simple photo-electric beam that works with a reflector which I can wire up to a relay. This would be for use in the f ront yard to detect intruders. I currently use a...
8
8

Freesat aerial
Would it be really stupid to fit a freesat aerial to a cast iron downspout using pipe clamps? I'm a bit limited on where things can go and the downspout is in just the right place. I don't think wind...
80
80

OT - wrapping in Dialog
For about 3 days now some posts have not been wrapped but go to about 3 times the length of the window. I can't find a setting in Dialog that will wrap other peoples' post at 72 or 76, so has...
6
6

Boundary Dispute
I'm sure that this has been covered many times before. After I have been l iving in the property for over 14 years now, my neighbour has just knocked on the door and announced that he will be...
24
24

Silly question on morticers
Someone at an electronics "car boot" sale yesterday was giving away large computer software manuals. I suggested that if he had access to a mortiser, set the depth stop, open the books a few pages in...
5
5

Ice forming in fridge
I was surprised to find this morning that a sheet of ice has formed on the bottom of the inside of my fridge, underneath where one of the salad trays sits. I don't know how long it's been there. The...
37
37

Laptop screen filler
I'm trying to make this oldish Lenovo tablet convertible laptop work with Windows 8. It uses a pen for input in tablet mode and nearly works well, except that there is a narrow gap into which I can...
3
3

Washing machine motor problem
Zanussi so ancient it is solely electromechanical, no electronics The low rpm wash cycle is no more, spin cycle is fine so presumably the motor start cap is ok. There was a burning smell so is the...
3
3

Leaking shower fittings behind tiled wall
Any option other than to dismantle the tiled wall, sort the problem and rep lace? We have matching tiles available, so is it feasible to just remove a handful of tiles to access the area? Tiles are...
8
8

Dulux paint match - Ikea white
Does anyone have experience of getting a paint match for Ikea white (Ikea don't seem to sell it themselves). I have a short length of skirting board that would look much better matching the kitchen...
9
9

Warning light on rangehood etc
My rangehood has a light and a three speed fan. There's a red warning light to show that the light is on (when that is rather obvious) but not a warni ng light to show that the fan is on. The fan on...