Subject Author Posted Replies

Edgong strip alternative
I plan to build a storage unit in my lounge. It will contain several compartments, some with hinged doors, some each holding three drawers. The doors and drawers will be made with contiplas board,...
29
29

OT How to get an apprentice to eat silicone
This really is a true story. First of all you need a useless clueless waste of space. So we are fitting some outside lights (well I am - he is not allowed to fit them and only allowed to pass tools...
38
38

OT: How much are we paying via CFD's for floating offshore wind
I've been trying to find what CFD's we are paying for the ?2 floating offshore wind farms in UK waters, but for the life of me I can't find the information. I had a feeling it was something like...
3
3

TIMEOUTS
what had happened to cadbury timeout bars...has the factory burnt down or what ? ....
11
11

Not just Population -- it's the Behavior, too, Stupid!
Cyber Defense Confidence Ebbs as Ransomware Attacks Multiply By Rundle, Uberti & Stupp, May 31, 2022, Wall St. Journal Despite Washington’s recent attempts to expand cybersecurity rules and disrupt...
18
18

Old electric drills weigh a tonne
I'm sorting through dad's old tools, most of which are junk, rusty, or simply duplicate what I already possess. What to so with his Bridges electric drill is a problem. It's a Bridges (no mention of...
17
17

Porous stone coping
Porous stone coping In Weston-super-Mare, house built in 1894, solid stone walls about 15" thick with Bath stone around all the windows, doors and coping stones on the parapet. We are getting a lot of...
11
11

OT: Energy Performance Certificates
I know I have to have an EPC to sell my house and I know that the survey will take about 45 minutes to an hour when the guy comes to do it. What I don't know is, do I get the certificate 'there and...
27
27

Makita DHR243Z SDS
In case it's of interest to anyone ... my ancient and much-used DeWalt DW566K SDS drill suddenly decided to stop SDSing so, after a bit of poking-around and finding that not many spares were...
6
6

Damp cellar
Someone has asked me to install a fan in a cellar that's been damp The cellar is in an old Victorian building, there was a drain problem that's now been sorted but the ground is still quite damp...
11
11

Briggs and Stratton closing ?
Briggs & Stratton executives decided the business “has not met our profitability targets” despite attempts to achieve “a reasonable financial return,” Redman said. The company is committed to...
14
14

Car wiper replacement
Both front and rear wiper blades of my 2019 Hyundai Tuscon need replacing (rubber's ripped). Quote from garage last week when the car was there for an MOT was ridiculous (car passed regardless), so...
26
26

DAB adaptors
My old Volvo has that type of built in radio that you wouldn't want to disturb. But there's no DAB, no bluetooth, no USB socket. Has anyone had experience of a DAB adaptor that includes these...
22
22

"dips" in lawn
We had a lawn laid 4 years ago. A trench had been dug for the laying of water pipe and SWA cable at 600 mm depth. This trench was back filled and I asked the landscape gardener to use a wacker on the...
17
17

OT Fibre connection
Out of interest. I have FTTC. Only one person (me) using it. Tests say it is at full speed - approx 80/20 mbps. Would I get any real life improvement with full fibre? Considering they will likely...
45
45