Subject Author Posted Replies

Reanalysis Charts. Way OT.
I hope you will forgive me for posting this on here, I posted it on weather and thought you might be interested. It just shows what is readily available online with government agencies that know the...

Flat Roof Query
I've got a small crack (4 inches) in a felt roof due to impact which I temporarily filled with Silicone Sealant to stop water ingress. Bought a reel of Wickes Hi-Tack Flashing tape to seal it but I...
6
6

OT - stored emails and Android - Xpost
I do most stuff by email, and have done for years. So most of my life, such as it is, is stored for reference in folders of emails. This includes details of numerous online accounts, Amazon and eBay...
38
38

Is anything secure any more?
I was thinking of getting a shackless padlock for the bike shed I'm about to build, but then I saw this: Is nothing impenetrable these days? I'm going to build the shed from OSB with shiplap over the...
34
34

Trade Point
Anyone know anything about this outfit?
3
3

Switching to Honeywell CMT927
Hi all My current Drayton SCR wireless thermostat appears to have given up the gho st (again!) so I'm just going to swap it out with another unit. Doing a bit of research the Honeywell CMT927 looks to...
2
2

Paint pads
Hi What are the views here regarding paint pads vs rollers? I've always used rollers, but my wife just saw an ad for Paint Pad Pro and as usual was sold by the advertising. A quick Google on that...
11
11

Best adhesive for repairing exapanded polystyrene
I have a ring of expanded polystyrene foam, which has snapped. The cross-section of the ring, i.e. the surface area of the break is small, about 2cm square. What's going to be the best adhesive to...
14
14

*Expletive* chipboard floors.
So.. lifted the carpet in the back bedroom the other day to reveal this: Arse. Now for the tricky bit... The 'floorboards' go under the wall. So how to replace that bit? I'd really rather not destroy...
21
21

anyone glued aquapanel to masonry?
Seems daft extra waste of spaceto using battens so what about adhesive? Tia Jim K

BBC local radio
Anyone who works for a local authority, health authority, or education authority, will tell you that 'the extreme form' of PC has great influence. It causes resentment and makes ordinary people...
83
83

IOS 7
The sniping at MS in the Windows 8 thread makes me want to weep. A few weeks back I foolishly updated my iPhone 4s to IOS 7. What a f*****g disaster. It wont download the music from the PC to the...
9
9

Novice wood carving question
How hard would it be to knock out something like this and what would be the best tools? I'm guessing that one would rough out a block of work with a fret saw, use a drill to remove excess wood on the...
13
13

Septic tank lid/access
Well, we've finally found where the 'ole in the top of the septic tank is. Doing a bit of garden tidying yesterday, I found a paving slab in the earth between a tree and the hedge. Lifting that, there...
4
4

Ping TNP: gridwatch wedged since 23.00 last night ?
See subject.
12
12