Subject Author Posted Replies

Low pressure thermostatic bath filler with shower attachment - does it exist?
Does anyone know of a thermostatic bath filler tap with shower attachment that will give a reasonable flow rate (for filling the bath) with a pressure of 0.3 to 0.35 Bar? Alternatively, can anyone...
3
3

Aldi torches
Just a heads up for anyone as hard up as me. Aldi's 9-led Halloween Glow in the dark torches c/w 3 batteries are now down to 49p. The build quality is less than exceptional, but ours from the...

More central heating peculiarities
Further to the "no thermostat" thread a few days ago. So my oil boiler (Boulter Camray 2) has a Potterton controller/timer on the wall above it with two sliders for CH and HW that can be on, off,...
13
13

OT: Car Insurance
Following on from the thread last month, my renewal has come through, multicar policy, 2 cars, both of us as named drivers on each car, one as the main driver, business use for all named drivers,...
17
17

OT (Very) Chicken in a Basket
My wife has got involved in a 1960's party and has been volunteered to prepare Chicken in a Basket (and to take a Dansette). We are struggling to agree how the chicken was typically presented. Was it...
79
79

OT: How can I choose a CSS style sheet for printing
I find it frustrating that if I print a webpage, or use "Pint Preview", it looks completely different to that viewed in the Firefox browser. Is there a way of choosing the CSS style sheet, ie not the...
6
6

Type F connector to TV Coax adaptor
I recently bought a new CD/radio that uses a Type F connector instead of th e usual coax type. Thinking I was being smart I ordered what purports to b e an F to Coax adaptor off Ebay so that I could...
9
9

Priming plasterboard with SBR prior to tiling
I have to tile some plasterboard over a bath with shower. I know there are ongoing debates about the advisability of plasterboard in this location / using pva or special tiling primers. In this case,...
3
3

'Quick-Clac' shower bath waste
Thinking of using one of these in the new bath: Anyone able to comment on their reliability? Do you stub your toe on the raised plug when having a shower? Can the plug be lifted out easily or is it...
3
3

Ebuyer
Anyone here ever bought anything from Ebuyer? I just ordered an external HDD from them. Went through the ordering process, then to the checkout and gave my card details. They then said - in the usual...
49
49

slimline radiators
I need a radiator about 1000 x 600mm that is as slim as possible to the wal l. Most of the radiators in the house are from before the fins appeared, an d are round top with no fins on the back. These...
3
3

Bl***y UPS
Ordered up some bits from Digikey. Only use them when I can't get what I want elsewhere and it's urgent - because although they have a UK website, you have to pay VAT COD. And it was urgent. Tracking...
21
21

OT - tethering over Bluetooth between tablet and handset - Xpost
Seeing as the advice is flowing well today :-) I bought an Android tablet without the SIM card bits because I have an Android phone with an unlimited data tariff so I can use this for my data when I...
13
13

Wood-burning stove refurbishment
My wood-burning stove's door has started leaking air so that the fire roars away even with everything shut. I know how to replace the rope but the glass has no gasket (the stove was in the house when...
12
12

Putting up coving
Hi all, I spent this morning mitre cutting four lengths of plaster coving to put up in the d/stairs WC. Then it suddenly occurred to me that the walls are tiled so I can't use my usual trick of...
7
7