Subject Author Posted Replies

Plaster types
Is there a difference between bonding and undercoat plasters, or is it just down to different manufacturers names for the same thing?
8
8

TOT: Arctic to be free of ice by 2013
Bill BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Arctic summers ice-free 'by 2013'
24
24

Pressure washer couplers
I have a 13 year old Deltajet/Lavorwash pressure washer (came from Woolworths;-) Do all pressure washers have the same outlet coupling? This outlet is a 1/2" BSP male thread, although the hose...
6
6

Firefox groups
It isn't; they're called "newsgroups", or usenet. What? Firefox is a browser. Do you mean Mozilla groups? I read, for example, the mozilla support group for Firefox, but I do so by subscribing to a...
5
5

ELV lighting transformers
By which I mean the ones that drop 230v to 12v to run GU10's. When the transformer fails, does it drop in voltage or just stop completely?
27
27

OT ish; Free estimates :-)
Call from a lady today, just moved into a local new build estate. NBL; "I wanted to know how much to fit a house number to the front of the house"? TMH; "I can do it on the way home, just give me a...
50
50

Glowworm38cxi - fault
Hi my boiler came up with a F5 fault so I've replaced the overheat stat,thermistors and the pump. But it still keeps blow the overheat stat and coming up with the F5 fault. The boiler is about 8 years...
8
8

Loft Insulation Overlay - is it worth doing?
Hi Like many people, with soaring energy bills, I'm wondering whether to incre ase the amount of insulation in our loft. At first sight, this seems to be a no-brainer, but I've read about this causing...
9
9

Paperwork ...
Short answer. Would you expect to be asked to provide a paper trail in your lifetime? There are those who cannot exist without such. Sadly these are proliferating even though their parents were...
5
5

Building interior windows insulation panels
For years I have thought about building my own insulation panels for my house windows, as shown here: But that chap uses heat-shrinkable plastic to cover the frames. I always intended to cover the...
103
103

OT: Sky dish
Former tenants left a Sky dish behind (screwed to the house and pointing in what looks like the right direction). I want to watch TV, not Sky. Can I just connect a Freesat receiver to the Sky dish?...
30
30

Credit Drayton Controls
Earlier this week I tried to turn the thermostat head on the lounge radiator to adjust the temperature to discover it had seized solid. I have used Drayton TRV4s for all of the thermostatic valves I...
1
1

Tek screws corrugated roofing
Hi, quick question... I know Tek screws are the correct things to use in the bottom of the channel of metal box section roof claadding. Are they also the correct thing to use if one were using 3"...
10
10

dishwasher Vs eggy plate and roast dish
A friend has a 3 year old Bosch dishwasher which can cope with plates that have been left with egg on Sunday roast dish goes in after a soak during dinner. He scrapes the scraps off and does not rinse...
47
47

TLC Direct/Parcel force
Praise where praise is due. I ordered £130 worth of electrical goods from TLC Direct yesterday at 16:42. Parcel force sent me a text at 08:47 this morning saying a parcel from TLC would be delivered...
2
2