Subject Author Posted Replies

Bath shower tap attachment
Has anyone got a good recommendation for a bath shower attachment similar to: bath tap outlets are elliptical, 3cm x 2cm and the vertical component is quite short. Water is at mains pressure. The bath...
4
4

Reducing internal compression coupler 15mm to 10mm
Hi, I'm about to change some radiator valves, which are getting old and will replace them with TRVs. I originally installed my heating with 10mm copper pipe. So, the new TRVs which I've bought have...
6
6

Appliance manual handling
Without help, I need to demount (and possibly remount later) a tumble dryer stacked on top of a washing machine (about 95cm high). The instructions say it's about 50kg, which is a bit much to lift by...
32
32

London's New Year Fireworks
Is there a world shortage of barium and copper for pyrotechnics? Although the fireworks (and drones) were very impressive, the colours seemed to be limited to red, white, yellow, silver, and gold. No...
17
17

Blowing up electrolytic capacitors
I had some time on my hands today as the parts I was waiting for still haven't turned up. I hooked up my HT PSU which is continuously variable between zero and 400VDC and decided it would pass some...
17
17

OT: Fibre broadband and phone.
It's still early days, I'd wait until plusnet are *telling* you they will move you to broadband-only, after which you should have 30 days to "retrieve" your old pstn number to a voip-provider of your...
23
23

For those not on a smart (sic) meter
Energy prices rise tomorrow, so to ensure you avoid an estimated reading for the period leading up to the change, which might not be in your favour, send in today’s readings, well, today…
3
3

Recently noticed a lot of interference on Bluetooth connection.
I normally play digital music stored on the computer, either by Bluetooth or Sonos connection. Not used the bluetooth connection lately, but its terrible today, keeps breaking up. I originally thought...
5
5

dyson dc05 powerhead
Is anyone familiar with the workings of the powerhead of one of these vacuum cleaners. My powerhead has stopped working, A search shows there are issues with the switch in the handle which I suspect...
22
22

Supercapacitor Jump Starters
These things claim to be able to charge up from a near dead 12V car battery in just a few moments and then provide enough power to spin a car over and start it. And moreover to be able to do this up...
5
5

DIY liposuction?
Clickbait! However, I typed "diy liposuction" into Google Products, and I got a few results. Basically, there are such things as "cavitation machines". Price ranging from 50 quid to several thousands....
2
2

Austrian government launches repair scheme for electronic goods
The Repair Bonus voucher scheme gives people cash towards repairing their electronic goods.
42
42

Riello oil burner.
It keeps tripping, not with the usual reset up the top of the boiler, but the red light on the burner itself...I have to push the burner button to restart the ignition sequence. Then it always fires...

Does the IDEAL C24 mini combi boiler have an engineer/service mode?
Tried to find info on Google but no luck. If anyone could point me to info that will get me into the engineering service mode that would be very helpful. Thanks
2
2

Charging rechargeable torch battery.
I own a torch battery which has the following written on it. "+ BRC 26650 3000mAH - L1 - ion 3.7V." I want to charge it from a 13amp socket marked - "Total 5v DC 2.4a max (2 usb share) Surge...
3
3