Subject Author Posted Replies

BMreports/gridwatch wedged
Before anyone else points it out, Gridwatch is wedged because BM reports has bo new data since 22:30 last night, and are still supplying the old data. Their own web page reflects this too.
3
3

BoilerJuice is useful simply as a bargaining tool
Couple of times now I've bargained down an oil quote based on BoilerJuice's price, even if not intending to order from BoilerJuice. I just saved myself £12 by doing so. Just tell whoever your local...
7
7

OT:Decent news server ?
Virgin Medias usenet access is titsup - again. Life is too short to try and deal with their "engineers" who seem to insist that restarting my browser is the cure. I've switched to Eternal September,...
16
16

Computer temperatures
Does anyone have a rule of thumb about heat limits for various components inside a computer. I imagine it varies widely depending on the component, the hardware etc, but some idea of what others view...
13
13

OSB
Just been reading about OSB on and it says.... ?Uses include hoarding Sounds ideal for uk.d-i-yers! 1:^*>))
3
3

A question for those with Multifuel stoves.....
Whats the most economical way to buy smokeless fuel? by the bag or a lorry load? any tips or tricks to get bargains? Any particular supplier known for its keen pricing? I burn collected wood so its...
6
6

OT New idea (car door.)
So what does the panel think about this one? Driving a car with disappearing doors will definitely grab everyone's attention.
36
36

Which Glue?
I need to glue rubber tyres to plastic bandsaw wheels. What's good to use? I know the old evostik impact adhesive works well, but would very much prefer a nonabusable glue in this case. cheers, NT
3
3

Atlantic Array scuppered?
Unconfirmed reports ciculating tonight suggest that the developers of the Atlantic Array, a 77 sq mile 240 wind turbine array 9 miles off the NW cost of Devon, have pulled out. SMention has been made...
14
14

Fixing a wall light
I am replacing some internal wall lights, the wiring simply emerges out of the plaster and is terminated with a terminal strip which is housed within the hollow of the old wall lights wall fixing. The...
3
3

DHW cylinder stat wiring
I want to add a timer/programmer to the domestic hot water control on my ce ntral heating. The system uses Sunvic "MOMO" type valves so at each thermo stat there is a "common" and "open" and "close"...
1
1

Cutting a stainless steel sink - how hard?
To make space for a washing machine under the drainer I want to cut the sma ller of 1 1/2 bowls off this sink (temporary thing until I sort kitchen pro perly which is ages off). The sink is in situ so...
13
13

Gas hob left on.
Twice last week my elderly mum left one gas ring lit after she removed the pan from the hob at breakfast time. It was lunch time when I noticed that i t was still lit. The burner was on low heat and...
41
41

Architect fannying around
The architect behind Qatar's 2022 World Cup Al Wakrah stadium has denied her creation looks like a giant vagina. Looks like one to me. 'Best known female architect' angrily defends gigantic vagina •...
5
5

screwing plasterboard with zinc plated screws
Extra hard and brittle too to make a good job of splinters and to snap on black knots. Do they still make black knots these days? Or don't they grow the trees that long any more? Plasterboard nails...
9
9