Subject Author Posted Replies

It's my fault - but...
Bought a 1.6VA 22v toroidal transformer from Digikey some time back. Part of an order where I made it up to free postage. It's labelled Talema - but unlike UK ones has no diagram or other information...
6
6

Dehumidifiers ...
After asking best way to dehumidify a room, I've been nosing on Amazon ... since we're totally double glazed, we do have a condensation issue - ironically the only place we don't is the bathroom....
17
17

Dehumidify a room ?
Following on from the "Mushrooms growing on wall" thread, we had a roofer inspect, and he found the felt on our storm porch had rotted and water coming down the valley was sloshing through, and...
12
12

OT: Save Winamp..
Nicked from another place. A group of developers and enthusiasts are trying to convince AOL to make the code open-source. You can sign a petition Save Winamp and learn about the effort here:...
1
1

avoiding splinters when drilling holes through timber?
I'm making a bed with the main frame made from 7cm square lengths of pine. In several places, one of these will be secured to another using wingnuts and 10mm bolts going through two adjacent blocks....
12
12

dehumidifier fan has "stalled"...
Small dehumidifier (ebac) has been in regular use for ages (during day ). S witched it on as normal but there is a "stalled fan hum" (& no fan noise/ai rflow). The compressor starts up & I can hear it...
13
13

Taper and parallel BSP fittings
New shower valve, cast brass body, 3/4" BSP female connections. The instructions specify not to use taper thread fittings as it might cause damage - what damage might be cuased? cracking if over...
5
5

Oil leak onto new block paving
Wife's old car is dripping a couple of drops of oil per day. Won't be an easy fix - it wasn't noticed on the old tarmac - but sticks out like a black blob on our new block paving. I want and easy way...
3
3

12 v LED lights, red or white
alf of them red and half white (or yellow). I'll switch on the different co lours separately. And I want a diffuser over them so they don't look like a pile of LEDs. r oyur local theatre supplier for...
32
32

Belling fan oven failure
We inherited a built in Belling double oven when we moved into this house. The oven is probably 30 years old. The top of the two ovens stopped working a while ago, so wifey just uses the bottom oven,...
11
11

OT: my broadband
Fat lot of good it will do. Bill https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/DFP%20re%20broadband%20Nov%2028th%202013.jpg
119
119

Repairing a phone handset
I have an elderly Binatone CTT500 caller display corded handset, which did what I needed of a desk telephone. It's now faulty: when it's plugged in to the BT line, but on-hook, the off-hook light...
12
12

How to evaluate silver plate v solid silver
I have an item that is silver but would like to determine if it is solid (doubtful) or just plated. From what I can gather solid has a hallmark which this hasnt. Plated will attract a magnet which...
29
29

Weather proof cable connector
I need a couple of weather proof cable connector like Ebay item 141119598452 but am gob smacked by the price of £7.07 each! Any suggestions on where to but them for a sensible price? Mike
14
14

Cockups
Following on from Brian's wee cockup earlier what's the most embarrassing, damaging, etc. wrongly addressed email you have come across? Mine is when a major competitor of ours sent our sister company...
20
20