Subject Author Posted Replies

Floods
That image also available with a photoshopped bull instead of 20' tall killer lambs :P
79
79

Shower valve recommendations?
I need to replace the valve on our main shower shortly (the one currently there is part of a somewhat redundant[1] Aqulisa power shower) Has anyone fitted one recently that they rate (or don't like)?...
7
7

Shower cubicle re-tiling
yendor grunted in news:Fmoou.8651$ Yes - what I did; using Looks fantastic, completely leakproof and is much easier to keep clean and maintain than tiles. I fitted mine direct to the timber studs...
13
13

A bright, authentic-looking gold paint?
G'day Peeps, I'm looking for a small amount (250ml or so) of bright gold paint that looks as close as possible to real gold leaf. I need it for painting the frames of two or three antique mirrors in...
8
8

Regis TRV
I have a radiator to fit tomorrow. I have a Regis (looks like "Reglo" as printed on the unit) brand one in a packet a couple of years old. Anyone know if Regis are reliable or where they are made ? Or...
2
2

Using two sets of cordless phones on one line
Probably a daft question, but is there any reason not to use two sets of cordless phones on one phone line? We used to have two phone lines (home and business), but now have just the one. Both had...
30
30

Round pin era electrics are back
No, see above, they never went away. The 2 amp round 3-pin are sometimes (I hesitate to say often) used for dedicated lighting outlets, and the larger ones for theatre lighting, my grandparents'...
105
105

Loft insulation
What is the type of loft insualtion that looks like chewed up newspaper called? We have had an energey survey on a house we are selling and it said there was no insulation - I want to challenge it...
25
25

Small mains electric motor repair - possible? DIY? repairers?
We have a Bissell vacuum cleaner whose brush motor has failed. It's no longer available as a spare part but as it's a jolly good vacuum cleaner I'd like to fix it if I can. The brush motor is separate...
4
4

Finally got glans shiny again with Toilet Duck household bleach
I've been battling with thrush for years. Then I saw the Toilet Duck product in Wilco and bought a bottle. Here's what I did: Scraped off as much fungus from the head as possible by repeatedly...
14
14

Says it all.....
Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
6
6

Tower Controls WIR12JB wiring centre
I have 4 of these brand new - anybody want one for the price of postage let me know.
3
3

Energy Performance Certificate Photos
INTERNAL photographs required for the EPC Bottom two entries in Column 3
16
16

what use are broadband speed checks
A bit OT, just tested my downlink speed on 4 different web sites and got 4.5 5.25 7.5 9.06 (Mbit/sec) and uplink varying from 300 kb/sec to 1 Mbit/sec. How can they be so different and are any...
11
11

Multi tool
Is this worth buying (or rather a suggested xmas present) Bosch PMF 190 E multi tool....
18
18