Subject Author Posted Replies

Anyone know if I can briefly disconnect my outside water meter please?
I wish to add an outdoor socket. The water company has fitted an outside wa ter meter. Rather than drill another hole through the wall for my electrica l cable I'm wondering if I can use the same hole...
27
27

Another CH question
I asked a while ago if it was worth replacing my combi boiler and received superb advice, so here is another question. I have rad stats on all radiators except the bathroom. The installer said that if...
6
6

Theft of radioactive source
Latest news: Six suspects, apparently unharmed, have been arrested following the theft of a truck carrying a medical radioactive source in Mexico. The source was later found but had been removed from...
6
6

Broken Potterton CH EP6002 programmer
Came in the other day and tried to switch the CH on and the slidey knob for the CH fell out of the box. Looks like one of the two plastic clips that hold the knob into its channel has snapped off. The...
6
6

loft ladder
Is this any good: Werner Timber Complete Loft Ladder 3 Section Seems like it might be the answer for us after insulating the loft. Insulated trap door (OK not much really, but better than nothing),...
11
11

Update: Aerials on lightposts
Some data: (And no mention of dimming them) 1. The antennae is used to control the street light from a central system. Ie switch it on or off and report on its status. 2. Please see the table below...
17
17

installing a stud frame on a concrete floor for a partition wall.....
I am installing a stud partition wall in a room that is ground floor and has a concrete floor. First part of the job is obviously to screw the 2.0 metre long 4 inch by 2 inch floor rail down to the...
16
16

Max HDMI length.
At the moment I have a SCART cable running from the PVR in the sitting room to the TV in the kitchen, via a DA. Allows you to watch recorded things in the kitchen etc. The kitchen TV is on its last...
20
20

Are Acova Cala towel rads always crap?
I fitted a small (500x720) white Acova Cala towel rad a few years ago and have just removed it because the paint was flaking-off. Was this a rogue or are they all the same? (I fitted some other "no...
8
8

Pah, leaky solvent waste joint
Installed the waste pipe for the new bath today - solvent weld. Testing it all out I find I've got a little leak (a drip every 10 seconds type thing) on one elbow joint. Not had a leaky solvent weld...
26
26

Sorry!
I have no idea why my posts are appearing twice - sorry. My PC is being a tart.
18
18

Sending video's
Took 3 x videos on my smart phone today, intending to send them to a building owner. They are 109, 110 & 131 MB and I can't send them because "The size of the message you are trying to send exceeds...
18
18

removing old tile adhesive from metal shower door surround-- how to?
any tips for getting some dregs of tile adhesive off a nice shiny (lacquered I think) metal shower door frame? Background:- tiles used to butt up against the frame so its been tiled upto and probly...
5
5

Replacement conservatory
20 year old conservatory is about to fall down. Was supposed to be Mahogany but turned out to be 'Phillipines' mahogany. AKA rubbish.On top of which i t was badly designed and badly constructed....
9
9

Denon service manual needed
Anyone here have a good source (free if possible) for a service manual for a Denon RCD-M37 CD receiver I would like to fix. I know at least one of you has audio industry experience. I suspect it's...
3
3