Subject Author Posted Replies

linear power supplies "outlawed"?
Hello, I was looking for a PSU to power a child's toy but found that the CPC web site says "not for domestic use" against all their linear power supplies because they do not comply with energy saving...
30
30

White Spirit used in Oil Lamp
We have an Oil Lamp, the type with the wheel to adjust the wick up and down. It seems to burn more of a white spirit rather than an actual oil. We have been told if we use ordinary (say cooking oil)...
20
20

[OT] Amazon or other online store for new Samsung phone
Does anyone happen to have a favourite known-good Amazon or ebay or other online store for Samsung smartphones? It's important that they are EU based (Samsung are trying ot bugger up grey imports from...
19
19

Fan-cooled LED headlamp
As I've discussed before, I wanted to make headlamps that can be quickly switched from yellow to red when the vehicle reverses, and to run off a car battery for many hours. So LEDs were the logical...
6
6

Light dimmer recommendations?
Any ideas anyone, I bought a couple of Wickes dimmers a couple of years ago and both have failed. The devices seem incapable of taking the surge when the filament pops. I would have thought that the...
22
22

TOT: spring cleaning
The great outdoors has little appeal. I trudged round the far field with the dogs and that was enough for all three of us. Since it's so cold and miserable outside, I've been looking for indoor jobs....
4
4

Triton T80si shower dripping from outlet
Our Triton T80si has started to drip from the outlet (that feeds the shower head). The drip continues with the electric supply turned off. There are no obvious internal leaks when I remove the outer...
8
8

granite worktops
OK, new kitchen is nice but the only thing spoiling it is the laminate corn er joint right next to the sink, which is starting to fail already. It is i mpossible not to get pools of water there and...
38
38

Charity shop/good cause that wants building materials?
I'm just about finished on a self-build, and have some left-over building materials. Previously I've used Freecycle, but that's become rather inundated with - shall we say - the "rather grasping". So...
25
25

Damned foxes
Yesterday I planted some Box Hedging in a new area of my front garden. Dug holes - dusted the hole with bonemeal as instructed and then a decent compost into the hole. This morning they had all been...
15
15

Arabic posts, stop it ...
Its driving my speech synth crazy! Brian
16
16

ÎÏãÇÊ ÊÚáíãíÉ áØáÈÉ ÇáÏÑÇÓÇ Ê ÇáÚáíÇ
ÎÏãÇÊ ÊÚáíãíÉ áØáÈÉ ÇáÏÑÇÓÇÊ ÇáÚáíÇ ááÑÇÛÈíä ÈÇáÍÕæá Úáì : ÇáãÓÇÚÏÉ Ýí Úãá ãáÎÕ ááÏÑÇÓÇÊ ÇáÓÇÈÞÉ / ßÇÝÉ...
1
1

OT: When is a Tracking Number not a Tracking Number?
Answer: When the Post Office/Royal Mail/Parcel Force has a package to deliver that is 'Signature Required'. A package was sent to me from Germany on Dec. 17. The Tracking Number used on the German...
21
21

sealing a glass door panel
One of our inner doors has a glass panel which is held in place by beading - which I don't want to disturb. Because the glass panel isn't sealed, it rattles loudly whenever the door is opened or...
11
11

OT For the Religiously inclined
expect-that/ http://themetapicture.com/hell-explained-by-an-engineer-cant-say-i-didnt-