Subject Author Posted Replies

Wilkinson's paint
Just painted our 'compact & bijou' kitchen with Wilkinson Kitchen paint (brilliant white). Excellent stuff! Easy to apply, excellent coverage & cheap as chips (£13:75 for 2.5l) Ceiling in particular...
2
2

That engagment ring seems to work:-)
This weekend she has washed all my clothes ready for London, packed my bags for me and let me have a shag whenever I want (although that last bit is no different to any other weekend).
18
18

Bath overflow overflowing
An elderly friend of my dad as said there is water running out of her bath's overflow into the bath tub. Anyone know what could be causing this? I can only think something is blocked. She has called a...
6
6

WC too hard for mother in law to operate after new syphon
This is old style slimline plastic cistern that replaced a high level unit in the 60s or 70s. It has a plunger on the top rather than a lever on the side or a button. the cistern packed up so I bought...
16
16

Radio advert blocker
Hi all, I've found the previously rather good BBC R4 and UK radio in general to be pretty much intolerable nowadays, not being into minority and wimmins' issues etc., so have switched to internet...
37
37

getting a dehumidifier repaired?
I have a stand-alone compressor-type dehumidifier that runs and sounds normal but doesn't extract humidity (no condensate is produced). Is it possible to get them repaired, and if so by whom - a...
12
12

OT The apprentice in London
He was not happy when a fat bloke wearing knee boots, leggings and a nice green blouse asked him out for a date. But things can only get better. The silly bastard jumped onto the train just as the...
56
56

loft ladder revisited
Now its the new year time to think about what we have learned ... A proper loft ladder is required. A couple of options at two points in the market (i.e. prices !): or Is it worth paying twice the...
2
2

Anyone fancy a pint/meet in Ruislip?
Because that is where my digs are for the next couple of months. Wetherspoons is directly opposite Ruislip Manor tube station:-) Or if you happen to be walking down Oxford Street in the day time there...
8
8

Strange Happenings on Retuning a Digi Box
Grateful for any advice on my situation with a Digi Box, when i've just done a *factory-default* on a Humax HDR Fox T2, which I did because i was missing some TV channels. I'm located in Finchley...
26
26

OT: Outsourced public services
Some 40 billion worth of public services are currently outsourced to private sector companies. Those companies are excluded from the requirements of Freedom of Information legislation. They are...
6
6

Scaffold tower?
Anyone any experience of the cheaper types of scaffold tower, like these? I have a few jobs to do at home/work and hate ladders. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271365956878
14
14

Re: Who Is He?!!!!!
This was actually amistransation of Hey Fred wanna buy a new motor guv? Brian

TV distribution system project
My own TV distribution system was in need of attention. It had a lot of minor faults. Then I learnt about muxes 7 and 8, and the local transmissions, none of which would be carried by the system...
74
74

OT: Sugar
You'd think the insidious dangers of sugar had just been discovered. John Yudkin was warning about them in his book :- 'Pure, White and Deadly' in 1972 And in the US, Robert Lustig in his books :-...
127
127