Subject Author Posted Replies

warmflow oil boiler kabin pack
Hi, i have no idea if i am posting this in the right area, ive just joined the site. I bought a warmflow kabin pack outside oil boiler not sure of model no off hand, about 3 years ago. it has been...
4
4

Best glue for edging
I have a computer 'desk' with simulated wood ie plastic edging which keeps coming away when I catch it with my feet/hands/clothing. I glue it back from time to time with yoohoo and other glues which...
11
11

Hall/landing lights issue
I was in a house yesterday with a really weird (faulty!) arrangement for the hall/landing lights. With the landing switch in one position, the hall switch operates both lights correctly, turning them...
1
1

Network linked mains timer switch (lighting control)
Hi Everyone, I am looking for a network (IP) controlled timer switch for village hall car park lighting to replace a mechanical timeswitch. There's a lot of generic, domestic-grade or network server...
9
9

Hot Water leak
My hot water system is leaking badly somewhere, but I cannot detect it ! The water is being lost but I can find no sign of where it is going. Any ideas on how to track the leak down ?
12
12

Tracing thermostat wiring
I'm stuck so any advice would be appreciated. I have an old Honeywell room thermostat attached to a wall with internal wall wiring. The thermostat used to be connected to a warm air heating gas...
14
14

Hot water from overflow
First thing this nmorning my neighbour came round to say there was lots of hot water comingg from the overflow pipe of our house. I can only assume this is the CH/HW system that has malfunctioned. We...
10
10

Lidl IR thermometer 17.99 from Thusrday 16th
Lidl IR thermometer 17.99 from Thusrday 16th. Not a bad price for a mainstream outlet.
2
2

Floor insulation
Came across this. What does the panel think? Personally seems to me a bit dodgy. I don't quite see how it can be fitted from above.
25
25

OT Ross sisters
Is this real or faked up? Watch 'til end. Makes you cringe to watch. The Ross Sisters were a trio of female sibling singing dancers consisting of Aggie Ross, Elmira Ross, and Maggie Ross, (whose real...
2
2

Vectra 2003 C SRi 1.8 petrol
I've tried maintenance and there were no replies. GS's car, which he bought with lots of codes from engine ECU, all fixed except one, by replacement of fuse and correcting incorrect O2 connections....

Which printer to buy for cheap compatible inks?
I need a new printer - I have 2 Epsons which refuse to work or recognise cartridges. Finished with Epson. I had good experiences with Canon compatible cartridges in the past, but both my printers'...
92
92

Carpet underlay, what thickness?
I am about to get dragged around the shops to help choose some carpets :-( I am looking to buy the gripper and the underlay on ebay if its cheaper. Is it a case of the thicker the underlay the better...
14
14

OT - Alexandra Bastedo dead at 67
Growing up in the 60s and 70s I was fascinated by every sci-fi and fantasy program on the telly back then. Star Trek, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, The Time Tunnel, Kung Fu and also her program The...
38
38

Our local turbine
Bill https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/turbine.jpg