Subject Author Posted Replies

combie boiler,hot water sometimes
Hi, as above.Got a new pressure valve fitted months ago,hot water tap runs at a very slow pace and now and again runs cold in the kitchen sink sometimes also in the shower,not nice ,any suggestions...
4
4

Glass break sensor
Do (burglar alarm) glass break sensors work well? I was thinking of buying some of that tape that sticks on the window that I recall from days gone by but now everyone seems to be selling what appear...
10
10

OT; And now live from.....
Just been watching BBC News South East. 1st story was about a girl injured at an Ashford school by a thrown pencil. Cut to 'live' reporter standing outside closed school. Next was the fracking debate...
38
38

Satisfied with this supplier
Recently found Miles Tool and Machinery Centre when looking for Dremel stuff. Prices very competitive. Delivery of the dremel machine by DPD and subsequent order of small items by post very speedily....
3
3

sealing a pin hole leak in a water butt
What would be the best way to seal such a hole. When the butt is fill the water comes out in a fine stream. Once the butt is about 3/4 full it no longer leaks. On empting and removing the butt it is...
20
20

Telegraph pole stay
Possibly DIY, possibly not. :-) There's a BT telegraph pole adjacent to my house. It is supported by a stay which is anchored on my land. The anchor is in the middle of an area that I want to use for...
81
81

Shower pump and duty cycle
My stepdaughter's shower pump developed a leak. When it was replaced I took the opportunity to dismantle the reject to try to find out where it was faulty. It turned out to be one of the seals where...
4
4

PID Controllers..?
HI All The metalwork for my homebrew glass kiln has arrived - so I'm looking at the electrics / electronics to control it. The temperature control is being handled by a dedicated controller ('cos I've...
15
15

OT: AV amp with HDMI switching
It's time to replace my elderly Yamaha AV amp with one that includes an integral HDMI switch. I only want 5.1 support and 3 HDMI inputs, but FM and internet radios would be useful. Max price is around...
2
2

Australian Plumbing
Me and the boys played a bit of a joke on our mate Russ. Kegs of beer have been plumbed into every tap in the house, with loads of cameras to catch the action. Took us all day to set up but it was...
3
3

OT - atomic clock accuracy
This just blows my tiny mind. The latest atomic clock is accurate to within 1 second in 5 billion years. Under 3 seconds for the entire life of the universe since the big bang. Slightly better than...
23
23

Get your own star in sky
Get your own star in sky -- Let me ask you a few question : is it not nice if you could have a star, you look to it everyday and everyb ody knows that?s your star? And if you can how much can you pay...

Spying on garden beasties
Having watched some "Winterwatch Unsprung" I feel inspired to fit an IR IP cam at the back of our house. Anyone done this? Got any recommendations regarding kit? Just had a quick look on eBay and came...
35
35

Makita battery specs.
Anybody understand Makita battery specs. I've got a couple of BL1830s and a charger. Which drill will they fit? Any idea how to find out? Thanks (exasperated with their web site).

Dralon fabric - where to buy?
Apart from that boasts the trademark, I do not seem to be able to find Dralon fabric loose on the web. I need to re cover some dining chair seats. I helped my Mum do them over 30 years ago and she...