Subject Author Posted Replies

Nothing wrong.
Nothing wrong, nothing to see, move along now, move along... Funny pictures, videos, memes and GIFs for you. Everyday. Seriously funny
6
6

Installing a woodburner
I live in an 1890 Victorian terrace. The dining room has a wood burner wit h back boiler (and a stainless steel flue) that provides our central heatin g needs. The front room has an open fireplace...
32
32

Kitchen question - what are these ?
I have been assembling a new (budget) kitchen, equipped with Ignis appliances. After a "day's" work I had 4 of these left over: Can anyone tell me what they are for and where I should place them? They...
10
10

Loudspeaker finish.
Have a couple of '80 speakers in teak veneer. Both the top surfaces have some marks - the sides etc are fine. I'd say the tops would sand down ok - the damage is mainly to the lacquer or whatever....
2
2

Best place for a switch...
I had a peak inside the switch / speed controller box on my scroll saw. It seems to be a NVR switch followed by a reasonably sophisticated electronic speed controller, with a two wire feed to the...
14
14

Gluing plastic to MDF
I'm making some oversized key fobs out of 12mm MDF to stop people absentmindedly walking off with the keys. They'll be 6cm x 15cm and I need to a glue a plastic laminated pouch with some info in on...
4
4

OT: Where is Grimly?
Reading some old posts just now and realised: where is the grim old curmudgeon these days? J.
4
4

Prince Charles says we're chickens
He's accusing some of us of being like headless chickens because we doubt the made-up, fictional, fraudulent "findings" of the University of East Anglia. I wonder if his close chums, the Rothschilds...
8
8

Brass roundhead pozidrive screws
I'm making some new tee marker posts for my golf club. Posts are varnished redwood with signs screwed on indicating hole number, hole length etc. Ques tion is: what screws to use? Size of screw No3 x...
13
13

Ping for Andrew Gabriel
Hi Andrew ... in the post below you asked me for data on the LED Standard W10 Silicon Bridge Rectifiers ... ----------------- >Can you point to the datasheet for your LEDs? >My calculation assumed...
15
15

Thermostatic timer plug?
Been looking for a thermostatic timer plug for use with e.g. a fan heater to maintain a daytime temperature in an attic room, but 'off' during the night. Have looked around the web in vain, apart from...
8
8

A whole new angle in men and sheds
Maplin is where men meet for sex
6
6

Leaking roof - again :(
Sitting here, working away, when I hear a drip, drip, drip. Looking up I see the wallpaper I have peeled back (where the mushrooms were - passim) is dripping. Getting on a step I see the wall is...
2
2

Large floor mounting radiators
As the subject. This is for a large area without walls that are sufficiently firm to mount conventional radiators. Given the amount of heating required, I will need several large large radiators that...
10
10

Paint for alarm bell case?
At great risk to life and limb, six months ago I removed our burglar alarm case cover from its high position under the eaves. Its white paint was peel ing off the red plastic so I sanded it down as...
5
5