Subject Author Posted Replies

Bringing in air for open fire
We are stuck with an open fire as a main source of heating as there is no gas in the village nor space for oil heating. Anywhere we sit we end up with cold air over our shoulders or feet so I'm...
19
19

Pinched from Windows 8 group
Apologies if it is here somewhere down stream. Just tickled me :-) Cheers Dave R A Microsoft spokesman said that Mr. Gates’s first day in his new job had been “a learning experience.”
8
8

Where to find replacement windows that aren't horrible UPVC?
We have a flat in North London (irrelevant where it is really) which has its original 1960s metal framed windows still. We've been meaning to replace them for years but have never managed to find what...
10
10

Neon indicator isolation
I recently posted Q;s on a project goals ... to have an indicator panel for 19 separate 220V AC signals ... zone on pump on etc. After advice here decided against using the published ccts for LED on...
30
30

Installing a second hard drive
This is a follow up to all sorts of other questions and queries. Still playing with two PCs, old running XP and newer running W7. Decided to move the HD from the XP machine to the W7 machine, to ease...
19
19

Under-floor insulation board sealant recommendation
I've put some celotex between the joists of a ground floor room. Any recommendations for the best adhesive/sealant to make sure it stays fixed, and to fill some of the gaps - no more than a few mm?
7
7

You think you can lay bricks?
Have a look at this : mark Vaults and domes construction using bricks, 8 hours of work summarized in 12 minutes watch the full playlist here: goo.gl/NLRx2f / Mixture of the cement: goo.gl/C6Rl2W...
11
11

ALDI worklight
ALDI have these extendable LED worklights in store for £13:99 (at least they do in my local store). Extremely bright, rechargeable via mains or car adaptors, 3.6v 1000m/Ah nickel/metal battery....
1
1

Would anyone like a mortar gun?
I have, surplus to requirements, a brand-new unboxed hand-operated mortar gun from Toolstation: . Anyone who could use it is welcome to have it for the cost of delivery: say £5. Just let me know.
9
9

Homebase LED bulbs energy saving claims were misleading
http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=17358
4
4

Power supply/charger needed
Can anyone point me to a supplier of these? I'm struggling to find anyone that actually sells them! Mike http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/PSM08R-050%28M%29/PSM08R-050%28M%29-ND/2419176
5
5

NEFF. Fridge Freezer
My fridge freezer is about started to ice up .(This is a built in unit)I have turned the thermostat setting down from No.2 to No.1. The door seals are o'k. The motor is running after a while cuts out....
3
3

Re: IDS mugging pensioners.
Tim Streater put finger to keyboard: Tim, why are you cross-posting this crap to irrelevant newsgroups?
8
8

Fridge Freezer Repair. Advice Please
I have a Hotpoint Fridge Freezer ffp 187m that has stopped working. Man came out and diagnosed a failed Control Board. Didn't have one. Came back today and fitted a new one. But tells me there is a...
9
9

Anyone here flooded out?
Just wondering if any of the regulars here are flooded? On the news, it mentioned that 25 square miles of land are currently flooded. Of course, it may be that the answer is yes, but they're also off...
78
78