Subject Author Posted Replies

connector blocks
I'm looking for some connector blocks (the choc block type). They must have the little steel 'tongue' that sits between the end of the screw and the wire. RS do them, but the size I want, which is for...
25
25

Demolishing walls / SDS Drill?
I am in the process of removing a couple of walls. So far I have attacked them with a club hammer and chisel. Lets just say the mortar is held apart by the blocks and it's hard work. I have never...
20
20

Water bed thermostat light
I have a Tech Mirage water bed temperature controller that's about 20 years old. It has a light on it that is presumably to show when the heater is on. I assume that the light is neon. Everything...
8
8

Running Coax from loft to garage
I want to run 4 lengths of Coax from my loft to the garage, to a PC that will be a TV server. This is the design of house I'd rather the coax wasn't visible & was planning to run it inside the wall...
24
24

video players
Can I convert an Easy Media file (.vro extension) to a Windows Media file by changing the extension ? I don't have any Windows Media files so can someone tell me what extension they use ? Jim Hawkins
3
3

Anyone have some use for some large bits of weeping willow?
This dear old tree (Salix somethingorother) came down a few days back. Have two lengths of the bole, each about 100 x 5000cm. It was a big tree. Might make an interesting living structure to an...
5
5

OT: Feathers; are they for the birds?
We have a couple of feather pillows to chuck out. It occurs to me that the birds might find the contents useful for nest lining. I'm thinking of hanging one up under the eaves out of the rain with a...
23
23

Double glazing advice please
We have a very large double glazed single window (no casements or hoppers) which faces south west on to the rear garden and beyond. In very high winds the inner pane (and presumably the outer one)...
22
22

Dust extraction adapter: sanding table to vacuum cleaner?
I have a sanding table (Clarke CDS300) for which I need to organise some dust extraction; at this stage I don't need anything more sophisticated than my workshop vacuum cleaner (a Wickes-badged Earlex...
7
7

Traditional bannisters
The stairs to the top floor of my house are surrounded by a bannister and I would like to remove the handrail (about 6' long, between two newels) temporarily to make it easier to get some long timbers...
10
10

Gas valves
Does anyone know the difference between a Honeywell v8800 1121 and v8800 1127? If anyone has a v8800 1063, I'd possibly be interested.
2
2

Piece of crap Vigor 2830!
OK - I know one or two people have got these (or similar) Vigor ADSL routers... Can you help me before I take an angle grinder to the bastard thing. I've been playing with it for months - now trying...
27
27

Another workshop project
possibly of limited interest this one, since its a bit tool specific! Unisaw out feed table - DIYWiki

Drill chuck problem
The chuck on my Makita is buggered: one of the three gripping "teeth" (I don't know the technical name) seems to have become disengaged from the twisting mechanism which grips the bit. The "tooth" at...
2
2

Funny!
How much skill does it take to hold something straight? Not very much, but with this tricked wall, no matter how good you are, you'll never get it right and she won't hesitate to make you feel...
2
2