Subject Author Posted Replies

Stylus for Samsung phone?
I've got a Samsung "Galaxy Pocket Neo" which has a minute screen which is a PITA to write on using the on-screen keyboard. Are there decent styluses available for them? I tried a combined pen/stylus...
5
5

Re: Component Analyser ...
More info. here:- AccuSource in the USA is asking $2500 for a fully recond. equipment. Andy http://www.atecorp.com/ATECorp/media/pdfs/data-sheets/Wayne-Kerr-6425_Datasheet.pdf Top quality used...
1
1

Blue water pipe in the garden
This is the year my pond WILL be ready for the fish.... Time has come to get a water supply to it. I've purchased some 20mm blue PP pipe and need to run it from the boiler room under a concrete path,...

Another tube query
A small 8 watt one stopped working in a mains fitting o f the old Thorn type, flashing and messing about, but it still runs in a battery torch. Any idea why? Brian
7
7

Dim fluorescent tube
Never had this before. Fluorescent tubes in my experience either work at full brightness, flicker, or just the heaters glow. I had a flickering tube, installed a new one, and it started fine but was...
58
58

Shed Storage
I have a 'shed' at my village hall 4m x 5m that consists of 10" thick brick walls on four sides (probably over 150 years old) with an earth floor and no damp course. It has a sloping felt roof with...
5
5

Core drilling
Had to fit a fan t'other day, 4" hole in brickwork. Not engineering bricks, but piggin hard. Progress was slow. After the core drill had cut a circle about a 1/4" deep, I decided to chain drill around...
5
5

External Security Light with LEDs
My external Security Light has finally given up the ghost and needs to be replaced. Its got a 300 Watt halogen bulb in it, which was dead handy for illuminating the back of the house if i needed to be...
10
10

AdwCleaner
Aas described in my earlier post "Speed it up horror" I rashly tried to install something called "PC Optimiser Pro", and soon wished I hadn't, as it was going to take all night to set up. So I crashed...
3
3

Safe zones and wiring through walls
I am planning a kitchen extension on the back of the house and going through the seemingly ever-increasing list of aspects to consider. The current issue is that relating to supplying power (hob/oven,...
2
2

Fitting a CM 927
Thanks to all who answered my previous query about my central heating. It was the valve actuator that needed replacing. I am now thinking of replacing my CM 907 with a wireless CM 927. But this n eeds...
3
3

OT: WiFi routers
My internet router seems to have to be reset more and more often in the last few months, so I'm vaguely thinking of investing in a more advanced model. This will at least prove whether it is the BT...
3
3

Vax Rapide Classic Carpet Washer VO24A
The XYL spotted this being advertised (She does far too much commercial TV viewing IMHO) and decided she could do with a decent carpet cleaning machine for the bedroom carpet (ill chosen colour imho...
2
2

LED for Dummy Alarm Box
Just had a buglar alarm fitted and as part of the package got a dummy box got the back of the house. I decided to have it mounted on the garage above the door. I am now wondering if I can find a way...
20
20

Supply earth.
Is your electricity supplier required to provide an earth too? I know at one time they would charge for this but wondered if it still was the case?
9
9