Subject Author Posted Replies

B&Q product recommendation
I've no connection with the company, btw., but this is too good to miss so I'm passing it on here. Just thought I'd give a big thumbs up to the Bizzybee brand rubber gloves they stock (invariably...
11
11

Best way to repair a galvanised watering can?
It's leaking around the spout where it joins to the can. I don't think it's possible to solder a galvanised can, or is there some approach I could take? I don't have access to brazing gear. New cans...
22
22

Blocking off a chimney
We are reworking the lounge fireplace to hold TV and audio boxes. The plan is to block off the chimney around head height, and run the cables from the TV back into the chimney and then down to the...
1
1

Magiglo Elite 16" gas fire - still legal to install?
Just taken out a Magiglo Elite 16" gas fire with coals. It was working when we first moved here a few years back but we rarely used it and now we are clearing out the fireplace. It seems to have come...
11
11

Combi: Hot water only if heating running
On a venerable Ravenheat 85ET... If the heating is running, and radiators all warmed up, then the hot water comes out fine (v. hot). If heating is off, then the hot tap does start the boiler burning,...
1
1

RS 308-152 regulator
Has anyone got a data sheet for this device please? It's a high power regulator encapsulated on a substantial black finned heatsink. About 30 years old. Presumably variable voltage because it's got...
2
2

best undelete utility ?
Googling 'undelete' produces thirty pages of supposed file undeleting utilities. Can anyone recommend a good one ?
38
38

Bit OT broadband switch
My broadband supplier (Be) has been taken over by Sky and they've just transferred my account over. Turns out Sky are going to charge me a 50 per cent 'supplementary charge' because I don't have their...
100
100

The original Photoshop 7.0 (not elements) will not save any files to disk.
Hi all, I apologize if this is too far off topic, I cannot seem to find an active Adobe Photoshop group? I have a new desktop computer with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. It has a: 120GB SSD Drive for...
21
21

H&S gone mad?
Any guesses to what item of tool-hire equipment this refers to? Use: Safety Boots Use: Safety Gloves Use: Safety Helmet / Hard Hat Vertical Lifting Only Keep Load Stable Use: Web Slings & Shackles
16
16

Stylus for Samsung phone?
I've got a Samsung "Galaxy Pocket Neo" which has a minute screen which is a PITA to write on using the on-screen keyboard. Are there decent styluses available for them? I tried a combined pen/stylus...
5
5

Re: Component Analyser ...
More info. here:- AccuSource in the USA is asking $2500 for a fully recond. equipment. Andy http://www.atecorp.com/ATECorp/media/pdfs/data-sheets/Wayne-Kerr-6425_Datasheet.pdf Top quality used...
1
1

Blue water pipe in the garden
This is the year my pond WILL be ready for the fish.... Time has come to get a water supply to it. I've purchased some 20mm blue PP pipe and need to run it from the boiler room under a concrete path,...

Another tube query
A small 8 watt one stopped working in a mains fitting o f the old Thorn type, flashing and messing about, but it still runs in a battery torch. Any idea why? Brian
7
7

Dim fluorescent tube
Never had this before. Fluorescent tubes in my experience either work at full brightness, flicker, or just the heaters glow. I had a flickering tube, installed a new one, and it started fine but was...
58
58