Subject Author Posted Replies

Spare shed roof materials
Impetuously I bought roofing material to redo my 12' x 12' shed. 4 x 2's, 8 x 4 1/2" sheets, felt, glue. But I think the shed is likely to be beyond repair. I'm likely to just buy a new 10x8....
6
6

Old chainsaw oil - usable?
I found a plastic container of Oregon chainsaw oil in my shed. I'd guess it is at least 20yrs old. Any reason I shouldn't use it?
3
3

screw size 24tpi
Hello, I'm looking for a replacement screw for a toy car. The toy could be from the 1970s if that's relevant. Sorry to mix my units, but the diameter of the screw is 3mm and the length is 8mm if you...
13
13

Enclosing telephone cable join
I need to run a new cable for the external part of my telehone cable. I can't replace it all due to it being routed where I cannot get at it. I intend using some of those gel filled squeeze on...
10
10

External backups
I need a new external backup system for my Windows laptop. I'm thinking of something like an external terabyte drive connected to the laptop via USB2 (or possibly via the LAN?). Hardware and software...
39
39

XP Mode in W7 [OT in uk.d-i-y]
A lot has been written about the end of security updates for Windows XP, and the possible (or likely, depending on who you ask) security risks if you continue to use XP. It is also claimed that if you...
55
55

Bees, slightly OT
Only OT as it is definitely not a DiY job!! I've had honey bees living inside a flat roof above a bedroom window for the last year. The time came that they had to go, there was a slight water leak in...
23
23

Is your Samsung SMART TV down ?
I have a Samsung 46es6800 Smart TV. BBCiPlayer, Ch4 player etc all complaining of no internet connection (on known good wired Ethernet connection) Spent a fun Hr trying to reset & reload Samsung SMART...
28
28

Joining mains cable
I have to extend the cable feeding 13A sockets. Is this: 'maintenance free'? Or should I use a junction box. The cable will be underneath floorboards, routed properly. And apologies - I'm sure I've...
12
12

TOT It's raining
On Easter Sunday how do I know that it's raining along Southend's sea front? The traffic wardens have run out of cars to book along the sea front and are now migrating further in land by a mile or so...
1
1

USB Fan
Looking for a decent but inexpensive USB fan to be used in a foot cooler project. (Don't ask!) I can see untold numbers of cheap Chinese USB fans, and some incredibly expensive ones, and I am getting...
14
14

Terraclean - snake oil or not?
This guy claims a ~70% improvement in fuel economy after a Terraclean (well, he would, wouldn't he?) Snake oil I reckon, but what does the panel think? Wirral news, leisure, local information, Local...
29
29

how to remove mosaic tiles off without damaging skimmed plasterboard?
I have a kitchen that has breezeblock walls. On this there is dot and dabbed plasterboard. This plasterboard has been skimmed. The previous owners have managed to remove the old tiles sucessfully and...
10
10

Scotchlite Sign
Hi chaps, I want to make a name plate for my house, the font i want to use is this one- I was thinking this would look ace at night on 3M scotchlite, but how to make it work? I don't think on can...
7
7

weedkiller
I've scraped off all the weeds from the gaps between the flagstones. What's the best stuff to pour on the cracks to kill any roots? Bill
26
26