Subject Author Posted Replies

SD card screwed - recommended program to sort please.
One of those unfortunate timing issues has resulted in the SD card in my ca mera being corrupted. I suddenly spotted that the battery indicator was sh owing empty just as I took a picture and went to...
20
20

Saucepan question
We have some cheap but perfectly functional stainless steel saucepans with glass lids. Another feature which they have is a second (thin) stainless steel baseplate. One of the saucepans has started to...
3
3

How to fit an electric garage door opener
Hi All, I have just bought a Wessex Lift Boy garage door opener from eBay and after a few hours of googling I can't find out how to fit one of these. I have a retractable fibre glass garage door. I...

Low cost pressure washer to stop moss ingress
Looking to buy a pressure washer at the cheaper end of the market. Its use would be to periodically clean around the crack and crevices of our car that doesn't see a lot of use these days. I can only...
43
43

Old Buildings
I was in an old place today and was fascinated by the elaborate and well engineered arrangement for openening some roof lights. A couple of handles would turn a screw which was linked to various...
3
3

Free delivery over £10
I think Toolsatan started this, but the concept seems to be spreading. Supadrug now do it and so do Maplin. Just ordered an aluminium step stool & a torch from Maplin, total £13:99 delivered free....
15
15

Toolsatan feature
Just noticed this feature on the Toolsatan interweb page. Assuming you want to collect stuff from your local branch in the morning, you can add stuff to your basket, then print the list. The printed...
33
33

Outside electrics - circuits
Just bouncing some ideas - as in "what would you do"? I don't know exactly how my outside electrics will pan out - but I can see some definates: 3-4 double waterproof 13A sockets under the bungalow...
15
15

lead flashing peeling at joint
My house, built in 1994, has a single storey part with a single-sloped pitc hed roof. The top of the roof meets the two-storey vertical wall of the mai n house. Where they meet, there is some lead...
6
6

RCD protection
I have an extension used for cutting the front grass, that needs replacing. Where is the best place for the RCD protection? I see reels with the RCD on the reel itself, where I would plug my mower...
6
6

Single-room air conditioning?
The highest room in the house gets very hot in the summer. We are going to be doing some minor building work up there soon anyway: mainly redecorating, but also opening up a bit of the currently dead...
10
10

Filling expansion vessel with water
Hello I wonder if anyone can answer a plumbing question. I just changed the potab le water expansion tank for my unvented water system. All seems to be worki ng fine, but I am wondering if I have a...
14
14

Dripping fancy kitchen tap
We have an IKEA tap, Oxskar: It drips. I've taken the thing apart, but couldn't even get into the most intimate parts of it, so I've not been able to repair it. Surely it must be possible to replace...
9
9

2-pin plug supplied
I just bought a new electric toothbrush, one of the Oral-B ones, pretty much universally available. Tesco wanted £35, Morrisons wanted £17.50 for the exact same mode l, so that's where we bought it....
69
69

Problems due to being into DIY
Going to someone elses house and finding: Dripping taps. Doors that need adjusting. Paint on lightswitches. (at least the old Vertical Hold doesn't need adjusting) In pubs - press down taps that are...
27
27