Subject Author Posted Replies

Can I use HW with CH drained down?
I want to do some re-routing and radiator installation of my central heating here, which I'm likely to want to stretch over a couple of weekends (at least, knowing me!). If I do so, which will involve...
10
10

Cordless Drill
Thought I'd have a look at the Lidl one on offer this week. It's a lot smaller (and lighter) than most,so I thought I'd give it a try as a supplement to my larger ones. But still has a 10mm chuck....
7
7

My first router (TM)
Me and a mate are getting in on the good weather and tarting up my wooden window frames and soffits. Without the boring background stuff, I want to be able to mill halflap profile into both long edges...
44
44

OT: Ping Jeff Gaines (Wiltshire UK)
I know that Jeff is a regular contributor to newsgroups but not sure whether this is one of them? Anyone know where best to find him, please? Thanks
2
2

UK preps ww2 style energy rationing, etc
The UK government will today set out Second World War-style measures to kee p the lights on and avert power cuts as a "last resort". The price to Brito ns will be high. Factories will be asked to...
8
8

Warped Wood
I have a bird box and the roof of it has become very warped - I guess due to the varying weather conditions over a couple of years. Part of the roof is approx 8inches by 6 inches by 3/4 inch and is...
19
19

Steam cleaning
Has anyone tried steam cleaning an engine bay with one of the very small (200cc) water content steam cleaners? Just curious.
5
5

sounds like a bargin (sic) if tricky to transport....
Wickes Baseboard Square Edge (112.5mm x 30m) only £2.69 Jim K

Bicycle mod
Hi chaps. I have a small problem that I am sure someone on here can help me with. I have a eco stepper electric bike and a journey to work that includes 2 very long and steep hills. and 1 very very...
38
38

Check before cutting
On a BBC link: Derek Roberts, Ferring, West Sussex: I once had the task of installing a cat flap into a door between my garage and my house. I carefully measured and marked the hole required, and took...
12
12

Re: Individual remote switched power strip
Really needs to be wireless. Making is an option, I've half toyed with the idea of putting the guts of four plugin unit's into something. I don't like that all that much four receivers all on when all...
4
4

PEX-Al-PEX and Brass fittings
hi all, Efield is a manufacturer of piping systems for gas systems | hot/cold water systems | underfloor heating systems, with main products including, PE-Al-PE pipe PEX-al-PEX pipe both butt-weld and...

Key blanks
Anyone found a good priced supplier outside of ebay? NT
1
1

Loft insulation issues
Greetings I am planning to have my very ageing roof retiled. In the process I am going to insulate the loft. Currently there are boards on top of the ceiling joists, with insulation here and there...
18
18

D I Y Double Glazing
Hiya I have a semi with ancient aluminium double glazing that looks taty and I'm think of replacing What are the pitfalls of DIY double glazing and do I need to be aware of any regulations? A quick...
17
17