Subject Author Posted Replies

Timer for AM75 curtain motor
My timer iis going off and on tried to reset ,But still goes blank,mine is Ac 128-01,Need a replacement

Outdoor wiring - cunning plan needed
Hi All, A few years ago I wired up an outdoor kitchen area which has some lights and a few sockets. The main wiring was contained in a cupboard so aesthetics wasn't a major factor. The following link...
8
8

Of empty wall cavities and cavity insulation
Is cavity infill insulation counter-productive summertime.? I've recently commissioned easily removable (for non sunny days) "African" external sail sun shades for ground and upper floor, over the...
16
16

OT: coal fired generation
I am asking this as a technical not regulatory question. Given the current emergency with gas supplies, would it be possible to operate Drax at full capacity using coal? I believe some or all the...
49
49

ping: Harry Bloomfield
Harry, Are your smart plugs etc Tuya? If so, have you noticed they are slower to respond please- especially if you use voice commands via Alexa? I’ve noticed ones we use regularly and are normally...
24
24

hi guys, Liesegang 2000 projector light went off
I just pulled out my old Liesegang 2000 projector. Havent used it in over 20years I put it on and light was on then as I was preparing the slides it went dead. Light off nothing. Probably about...
4
4

Right angle connector for 40mm corrugated hose?
Losing the will to live here! I am working on the motor home, and the waste water drain is "conveniently" placed in the middle between the two rear wheels. There is a short stub which measures a...
4
4

Solar Panel Failure
I have a 12 Panel solar install ... 12 x BenQ 330W into a Solar Edge inverter Noticed on monitor App 1 Panel has gone down (not generating) The Panels are under warranty, but on checking the...
19
19

Anyone else using PAN newsreader? Filters?
I've been using the Windows version of Pan for some time (years). I started on Linux but I'm not running any Linux at the moment. The UI doesn't seem to offer any flexibility in filtering messages but...
14
14

Freezer door seal puzzle
I've just defrosted a ~10yr under worktop freezer. Afterwards the magnetic seal did not seal properly and I had to wedge it closed, but once the freezer was cold it was fine. Why is this?
10
10

Nice bit of DIY
Went to Screwfix this morning at 7.30am It's a Sunday. FFS.
3
3

Wasps nest under Xmas tree
In January, SWMBO always plants the Xmas tree back out into the garden (it has roots). This year it looked to be doing well after replanting, new green stuff appearing. In the last couple of weeks we...
4
4

Report Rings Alarm of Plummeting Plankton Population, Threatening Ocean Life and Beyond
Report Rings Alarm of Plummeting Plankton Population, Threatening Ocean Life and Beyond (Beyond Pesticides, July 22, 2022) A preliminary report on two years of water sampling from sites in the...

power cut
is it normal to have more power cuts when you live in a shanty town with overhead power lines?...during very hot weather
27
27

new driving licence
just got my application for my new licence to replace my paper one issued when the wee red book went.....I remember looking at it and thinking October 2022 ?...I'll be dead by then........and we will...
18
18