Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Bloody cheek!
[x] Other "Because it's a steaming pile of shit" My favourite one like that was a piece of software I installed for a client. It was utterly _dire_. The vendor seemed unable to figure the problems,...
39
39

2gang socket with USB?
I'm considering replacing the bedside sockets with something like this- Any opinions on this one? Or suggestions for something better? We have tablets and smartphones, so need something with decent...
31
31

OT Nuclear waste.
Decommissioning Berkeley Nuclear Power Station
11
11

Fully enclosed shower cabinet against rough stone wall?
Current bathroom walls are of mixed stone and brick. Previous attempts at wall tiling have produced poor results, with tiles frequently blown off by damp. consequently the existing shower area is a...
49
49

TOT: The Tour de France in Swaledale
Hello everyone The Tour de France in Yorkshire was incredible! We had a brilliant time. To see the pictures of our trip to Usha Gap, Swaledale, and le Tour, open the link below. When the grid of...
17
17

Decisions, decisions
We are intending to put a rectangular mirror on a bedroom wall. The obvious place is on the chimney breast. However there is a small old fireplace still in situ, (unused) which is not positioned...
18
18

Pumping heavy grease
I want to pump very heavy grease along a tube that could be around 10mm inside diameter. The grease would be in a tube about 100mm diameter (a plastic drainpipe actually) and I hope to pressurise that...
24
24

stainless steel nails for rafters
I've replaced some rafters with green oak ones, i'm told i need 6 inch stainless steel nails to attach them to the purlins but cant find any in Hereford or on internet. Any ideas where to get them?...
9
9

How to stop mice getting up a pole?
We've hung some bird feeders off the arms of a metal post in the garden, but have recently noticed small mice lying down Roman style to eat the lower peanuts, and deterring birds from visiting. $64...
32
32

Anyone tried the Parcel Dropbox from postboxshop.com?
Has anyone tried this? I don't mind spending the money if it's really as good as it's supposed to be. PARCEL DROP BOX - Extra Large Capacity for your mail, newspapers and parcels The most frustrating...
8
8

Light Fitting Wiring
I have to fit a new light fitting in my daughters bathroom. She has bought a light fitting suitable for bathrooms with an enclosed box containing the wiring connections for L,N and E. The existing...
9
9

OT Solar power.
Not be long before it's the same here. No wonder the mine owners in Oz are getting so desperate to export their coal. As early as 2018, solar could be economically viable to power big cities. By 2040...
83
83

Not one but two boilers.........
Hi, I've been looking around at houses to buy and one place I viewed recently (that the wife is interested in) had a garage conversion and an extended en suite upstairs. What surprised me though was...
20
20

changing cooker control switch (with socket) into double socket
As subject really . Any gotchas? Are the wires likely to fit in a standard double socket's terminals? What about the presumably enormous backbox for the enormous existing faceplate? Ought else? TIA...
21
21

wiki sound insulation
looking on the wiki for info about sound insulation, but it seems to assume that all insulation is for heat... [g] Insulation - DIYWiki
4
4