Subject Author Posted Replies

Curtain pole on thin plasterboard over lintel
The "Subject" pretty much says it ... My Daughter wants to fix a curtain pole over a big window and has discovered that the "wall" over the window is actually a bit of plasterboard covering a metal...
26
26

OT:Pneumatic tyres and air travel ...
Following the thread about my travails to replace a wheelchair inner tube, I started wondering if there's any risk of putting said wheelchair in the baggage hold of an airliner, with the tyres fully...
29
29

Shelf sticker prices in Selco
Trade place. Are these prices fixed in stone (for their profit), or do you *have* to haggle at the sales desk?
7
7

TOT - Dismantling a Meriva Speedo/Tacho pod.
Hi All, I asked this in UK.RCM, but no one was biting...... Our 2003 meriva has a nasty rattle coming from the "sealed" (All electric feed (ie no speedo cable) Speedo/Tacho pod. I've had the thing out...

led lamps for old picture lights.....
Anyone seen similar at better pricing? Cheers Jim K http://perituslighting.co.uk/index.php/household-led-light/s15-double-ended/s15-double-ended-284mm-led-tube.html
1
1

Carpet protector
Any recommendations please to protect a carpet with underlay from an office chair? We have new carpet and 9mm underlay. 'Er indoors will be using an office chair in front of PC on a bit of it for many...
16
16

The Men Who Made Us Spend
I'm surprised this BBC programme hasn't been mentioned here Swatch, Ikea, CAD - all responsible for our throwaway society. Really ?
47
47

non-selective weed killer
In message , "Nightjar "@?.?.invalid> writes snip Umm.. I think the *additives* also refer to high *N* content agricultural fertilisers (Ammonium Nitrate) available by the ton in NI.

LED Tubes
Been looking at LED replacements for 28w fluorescent tubes. What isn't clear to me, is do you simply replace the old fluorescent tube with an LED tube? Or do you need to rewire the fitting? Remove the...
9
9

Any terrorists about?
It seems that the proof that someone is carrying a phone, laptop or bomb is to ask the owner to turn it on. If it works then it's fine and perfectly safe to zoom around the skies with a few hundred...
89
89

Asbestos Garage
Any ideas on likely cost of removing and disposing of an asbestos garage single width - double length.
18
18

Bullshit detector: claimed welding experience
I was talking to a friend of a friend in a pub and he claimed that when he left school, he did an apprenticeship as a welder and that he worked as one for several years. Okay, no problem. The chap...
58
58

Air bricks in a cavity insulated wall
I was looking to re-route my aerial and satellite down leads under the floo r and to save myself a bit of wall drilling was looking to pass them throug h a convenient air brick. I assumed that as in a...
7
7

OT: CPC vs Farnell prices
Exact same item, delivered from CPC but in Farnell packaging. CPC £0.68 individually priced, buy 100 and the price drops to £0.47. Farnell £1.50 with minimum order quantity of 5, buy 100 and the...
18
18

OT: WFT was THAT !
Sitting here minding my own business (working on a powerpoint presentation ;) ) when from the kitchen, where SWMBO has just started lunch ... BANG - - really explosive. I rush through, and find SWMBO...
30
30