Subject Author Posted Replies

gadget to switch dehumidifier on in tandem with tumble dryer?
Hi all I am toying with the idea of getting a dehumidifier to run alongside our (cheap, non-condensing) tumble dryer. This to make a start towards (a) drying out the small 'scullery' where the w/mac...
18
18

Fixing skirting
I have over 30 metres of skirting to replace as part of the installation of a new engineered wood floor. I appreciate that the usual methods of installing skirting include using adhesives, nails or...
19
19

Plasterboard Foam Adhesive
I've used some of this to fix plasterboard to brick: (link to Insta Stik Expanding Foam Grab Adhesive) Very good it is too. Would it be suitable for fixing boards around a chimney breast, though? This...
4
4

zip line/wire diy
Anyone built one? Lots of expensive kits abound... how hard can it be? Jim K
10
10

Broadband speed - recommended tester site?
For years I used the BBC's iPlayer diagnostics site for a quick, simple, lucid way to see what speed our BB was running at. It did a quick test, showed you your speeds found, and simply told you what...
17
17

Universal wall socket
Son in law found these without USB in a twin wall socket whilst on holiday. Anybody seen a UK offering? Free delivery and returns on eligible orders. Buy Nicna 10A Wall Socket with 2 USB Power Outlet...
17
17

Wi-Fi range extender.
My router is in the cellar for historic reasons. So all the LAN cabling goes there, and I'd rather not change things since it works just fine. Of course now I've got Wi-Fi from it, it's not in an...
54
54

AC motor speed control
Hi guys, I have a 0.5HP 230V single phase motor that I want to use to make an electric hacksaw. I'd like to vary the speed of it if possible (in additon to conventional gearing) and as simply as...
65
65

R-404 Cylinder
Clearing out the mess left behind by others in a garage, I have found a small cylinder which says it has R-404a Refrigerant in it. It has something, for sure. I could: Let it out into the atmosphere...
3
3

Curtain pole on thin plasterboard over lintel
The "Subject" pretty much says it ... My Daughter wants to fix a curtain pole over a big window and has discovered that the "wall" over the window is actually a bit of plasterboard covering a metal...
26
26

OT:Pneumatic tyres and air travel ...
Following the thread about my travails to replace a wheelchair inner tube, I started wondering if there's any risk of putting said wheelchair in the baggage hold of an airliner, with the tyres fully...
29
29

Shelf sticker prices in Selco
Trade place. Are these prices fixed in stone (for their profit), or do you *have* to haggle at the sales desk?
7
7

TOT - Dismantling a Meriva Speedo/Tacho pod.
Hi All, I asked this in UK.RCM, but no one was biting...... Our 2003 meriva has a nasty rattle coming from the "sealed" (All electric feed (ie no speedo cable) Speedo/Tacho pod. I've had the thing out...

led lamps for old picture lights.....
Anyone seen similar at better pricing? Cheers Jim K http://perituslighting.co.uk/index.php/household-led-light/s15-double-ended/s15-double-ended-284mm-led-tube.html
1
1

Carpet protector
Any recommendations please to protect a carpet with underlay from an office chair? We have new carpet and 9mm underlay. 'Er indoors will be using an office chair in front of PC on a bit of it for many...
16
16