Subject Author Posted Replies

Bosch PST Cordless Multi Saw
Anyone tried one of these? http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1427431.htm#pdpFullProductInformation
1

LED, is this a stupid idea
From previous posts I am looking to move from halogen to LED for the kitchen, Is this idea feasible. Using an outdoor LED floolight without PIR (say 10w) as a ceiling light to replace 5 halogens. It...
17

Air conditioning
We need to cool this place, not just for comfort but our processes don't work in this heat. I could do with something quick and easy and this appears to fit the bill, The spec would suggest that it...
34
34

Green Deal closed
Government has closed the green deal home improvement fund with immediate effect. They claim the money has run out over the last two days. Applications which were in by yesterday will be honoured.
31
31

Laser levels
My old 6 foot level is getting old and infirm. Since it is going to cost as much to replace it with another 6 footer as it would to be replaced with a laser lever, anyone got any ideas. I don't want...
7
7

SOT: Odd Laptop Behaviour
Slightly off topic but I hope the 'cure' will be DIY and I know there are a lot of clued up peeps hereabouts. Seeing the laptop's activity light forever flashing I ran TCPEye to see if it was network...
4
4

LED floodlight question
I want to get a floodlight installed before end of summer, I am not looking for an intense light like the halogen type give off, just a reasonable light to cover an area about 5 x 7 meters. I looked...
13
13

Microbore CH query
A friend is having problems with her CH/HW system in her new house. Biggest problem at the moment is that she can't get much in the way of HW (indirectly heated tank) without the CH on as well, I had...
3
3

Can I remove the adhesive?
Lidl have bathroom hooks (for towels, etc) on sale here later this week, which are attached - presumably to tiles - by adhesive. I'm wondering if that adhesive is likely to be removable using an...
19
19

Do RCDs actually work?
I ask because holding the probes of an ohmmeter one in each hand, and with wet palms, I couldn't get the reading down to 8 Kohms, the value which on 240V would pass 30 mA. 20K was the lowest I could...
106
106

Electrical query - wires through the walls
I'm mounting a HiFi cabinet on a wall, at about head height. Originally I was going to run the wires down the wall to skirting level but I am now considering running the wires through a wall into the...
2
2

OT Lidle's offer of a windscreen camera
This looks great, is there any reason why it cannot easily be fitted to the rear window instead of windscreen?
35
35

Aluminium threshold protector
Hi, I have a need to protect the wooden door threshold of my kitchen door. I am thinking aluminium sheet like a kick-plate only bent :) It is L shaped 90mmx40mmx835 and needs a slight incline from the...
5
5

Mains supply weatherproof external metered
Hi, Not quite DIY but I expect someone here has had to do this and will be able to offer a ball park price for the installation of a fixed external weathe rproof secure metered mains supply. The...
7
7

OT - I couldn't resist this
Tories are thick Scientist Geraint Rees, from University College London's Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, initially scanned the brains of Conservative politician Alan Duncan and Labour's Stephen...
8
8