Subject Author Posted Replies

Fitted induction hob - ventilation?
"We recommend a ventilation gap at the front of the hob of 20 mm to ensure good ventilation." What does that mean? There's a 3-4mm gap over the top of the oven control bezel. I was wondering about...
19
19

helicopters (on topic!)
Hello, Has anyone used a radio controlled helicopter with a camera and if so, would they be any good for checking for tiles missing off the roof or moss in the gutter for people like me, who are not...
29
29

Thermostatic valve failure modes?
Have a couple of rads with thermostatic valves that don't seem to work - there's very little margin in turning the knob between getting full-on and full-off. I think the valve heads are the...
4
4

Load for a 5amp wall socket
I have alongside some normal square pin 13 amp sockets some 5 amp round pin sockets, the 13 amp works as normal but the 5 amp is switched on from a light switch located elswhere. The round sockets...
60
60

FS PAT equipment
Early days, but I might have for sale a Seaward Primetest 220 PAT tester along with its associated series flash tester, 220 with case and both in an overall carry case, including manuals, leads and...
24
24

Central Heating again - does Combi need at least one rad on all the time
Re Meeting with BGas chap about Combi condensing boiler CH system. I thought there had to be at least one rad left one as a load for the combi. He said this was not needed with modern boilers. Fine,...
5
5

Never throw anything away
Just used a piece of an old garden pavilion (one of those tent-like things) to mend the handle of the grass bin cover on the ride-on lawnmower.
26
26

Flooring underlay and impact noise attenuation
Looking at underlays to go between new engineered wood flooring and existing t&g floorboards. I seem to remember from physics lessons in the distant past that sound measurements are logarithmic so the...
2
2

Earth rods
When I had my home rewired I was told that 'earth-rods' were no longer used and the electrician earthed everything back to a connection on the incoming line before the company fuse and meter. A friend...
10
10

Pedestal Door Hold Back
I am in need of a pair of pedestal door hold backs similar in concept to these available in New Zealand - Chant 3241 Pedestal hold back The web site also mentions a Hester 576 series latch back but...
7
7

TOT re astraweb
Has anyone had trouble posting from astraweb in the last few days,I just made one post with astraweb from seamonkey which worked and the second did not, have been having trouble for the last few days,...
2
2

Bosch PST Cordless Multi Saw
Anyone tried one of these? http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1427431.htm#pdpFullProductInformation
1
1

LED, is this a stupid idea
From previous posts I am looking to move from halogen to LED for the kitchen, Is this idea feasible. Using an outdoor LED floolight without PIR (say 10w) as a ceiling light to replace 5 halogens. It...
17
17

Air conditioning
We need to cool this place, not just for comfort but our processes don't work in this heat. I could do with something quick and easy and this appears to fit the bill, The spec would suggest that it...
34
34

Green Deal closed
Government has closed the green deal home improvement fund with immediate effect. They claim the money has run out over the last two days. Applications which were in by yesterday will be honoured.
31
31