Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Google Nexus 5 and a problem
Sorry - meant to crosspost then forgot to add this group! I know the knowledge on here is immense so.... I've got a Google Nexus 5 mobile phone and one thing is puzzling me, not to mention annoying...
15
15

Indespension Trailer book
Hi There-I am a recent newcomer to this site, having purchased a Indespension braked coupling,plus braked units,plus 3 wheels and tyres in anticipation of building a trailer in the near future-I am...
25
25

Eastbourne Fire
Shame about the pier. I wonder how many arcade games had been plugged into extension leads? What amazes me is that the fire hoses are so in-effective. Is some technique or approach missing. I have...
75
75

TV USB to charge Tablet and GPS
Thinking about our next holiday - as many TVs now have USB Sockets will it be safe to charge my Samsung Tablet using the TV set (I know it has a USB Socket) - or do you suggest I play safe and take...
39
39

Re: To kill a buddleia
How does that work when it's only absorbed through the leaves? Tim
6
6

Minimum slant for a pitched, tiled roof, in windy area?
Can anyone tell me what is considered the minimum slope that a pitched, tiled roof may have? (My location is often hammered by gale-force winds in Winter.) This will be for my detached, double garage....
14
14

To kill a buddleia
How to kill a buddleia? It's growing in the 8" gap between the greenhouse and the boundary fence (sheep netting). It's distorted the greenhouse frame, breaking one of the panes. I've hacked back the...
6
6

Septic tank woes...
I think we've got an issue. We moved in last May, after the house had been very lightly used for about five years - the owners died, and their son used it as a weekend place occasionally. He assured...
45
45

Bit of luck
I have an Aldi Li-Ion cordless multi-tool - great for those small jobs where there's no need for my mains Fein. Couple of years old. Recently bought the small cordless drill Lidl were selling - it's...

EPC
What does an EPC rating of 121 actually mean. It seems odd as A is 92. Anyone seen the details of how to work one out anywhere?
17
17

Re-surface Belfast sink
Can one re-surface a ceramic sink in any satisfactory way? My wife wants to get a new Belfast sink because she thinks the surface of the present one has deteriorated.
26
26

Super thin/flat mains (& speaker) cable?
We have a new sideboard/dresser unit and my wife would like to put a mini hi-fi unit on the sideboard. To do so would mean drilling a hole in the back of the dresser unit to run cables through which...
35
35

OT Climate change.
How come harry hasn't posted this yet? Maybe its because the two MPs that voted against it are the only members with science training? The rest are politics, and stuff like that. One even thinks...
13
13

Induction hobs and insetting them
As our old-style electric hob is packing up (1.5 rings now dead out of 4) we're looking at replacing with an induction. 1) Any indications as to which brand are good/bad would be welcome. 2) Size of...
23
23

UPVC Cleaner
My daughter has bought a house and the UPVC window frames and cills are a bit grimey and dull. What is a good proprietary cleaner to bring back the whiteness. I guess I should avoid anything mildly...
10
10