Subject Author Posted Replies

60/70s style cement coping stones !
My sister would like to repair about 3M of these old coping stones but so far I've not found them on any sites. They're the style with a top section, like an upturned shallow bowl with a flat rim and...
19
19

Bl**dy UPS
Waited in for them today - costs me a parking pass. Someone else was at the door earlier, so doorbell works. As it always does, being wired and fed from the mains. Found a card from them - the parcel...
42
42

Stainless splashback behind induction hob
That's not a problem, is it? Sanity check really... Not sure how ferro-magnetic the steel is (did not have a magnet to hand). The steel is covering the wall about 30-40mm behind the back edge of the...
4
4

OTish, miele vacs
Anyone noticed that the price of miele vacs has dropped through the floor? You can by one for double that not long ago. I bought an S4 yesterday and they still appear to be well made.
28
28

Weather - jet stream chart
I was poking around for weather forecasts and found the Metcheck website which I'd used some years ago and for some reason moved to another. Interestingly they show this chart but although they give...
15
15

Re: Bottom of a drilled hole in metal
Lack of rigidity in the feed of the drill can also cause it to run away and get worse. Sometime reducing the cutting angle of the drill by applying a grinding wheel to the inner edge of the flute will...
5
5

grohe thermostatic shower prob
Elderly grohe built in thermostatic shower valve has no temperature adjustment following a retile of the shower enclosure.... All that occurred was the two knobs were removed & fascia plate, retile,...
8
8

TOT Music, from any year
Relive the music of your childhood!
6
6

vehicle body corrosion repair
These pictures show the corrosion around the bottom of the sides of my Merc 709D. As you can see I have folded down a section of the outer skin. I can fabricate a replacement quite easily from...
10
10

Antex soldering iron.
My homemade solder/desolder station uses a pair of Antex TC50 low voltage temperature controlled irons. The electronics are a rip off of the one Maplin did as a kit in the '90s. I can select either...
28
28

Car camera.
Bought one of those Lidl were selling this week. It's quite a nice bit of kit - but claims to be 1080p. Playing back something recorded on it looks like it is struggling to do even SD - on this pretty...
8
8

CCTV recorder make and model recommendations?
Hi, I am in the market for a 8 or 9 channel CCTV DVR. The required attributes are: Must be able to record in full D1 or 4CIF from all 8 or 9 cameras simultaneously. (all my cameras are 700 TVL or...
4
4

The line broke!
With a very large back garden and wanting a put up for her a reliable washing line, with no intermediate supports, one which lifted the washing well into the air out of the way - I designed a...
19
19

Insulated radiator pipes
Saw the daftest thing today, insulation on radiator pipes between the floor and the radiator. What do they hope to achieve by this?
20
20

reasonable integrated dishwasher?
After years of crap/repairs and 2 years of it not working at all, we may be able to afford to replace the utterly shit hotpoint BC20 dishwasher.. But is anything any better? Miele at a grand would be...
43
43