Subject Author Posted Replies

Anti spider spray?
We have a car port on the side of the house. It's shaded, cool, dry, sheltered from wind and spiders absolutely LOVE it. Without regular brushing it turns into a scene from Scooby Doo. Are there any...
22
22

Saxton Blades
Special offer on multi tool blades; No connection, just a satisfied customer etc. http://www.saxtonblades.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=473
1
1

Removing veneer.
What would be the best way to remove badly damaged veneer from high quality birch ply without any damage to the ply? Lots of the veneer is already missing so I'd say impossible (or impractical) to...
11
11

More on cat5e and cat6 X-post
Wiring in my patch panel, and I had a strange fault - no connection on Pin 1. This is a cable from the upstairs office to a socket which had temporarily been terminated at a floating wall socket...
5
5

discovered in a Makita LXT torch.....
I'm mucking about making an adaptor to allow older Makita 18v kit to run on newer Makita lithium batts. Bought an LXT torch and set about it. Inside I was a bit surprised to find a small pcb. About 8...
6
6

OT Amazon?yodel saga continues.
Having been notified my widgets had been despatched I checked the tracking information. The package arrived in my local Yodel depot at 253am this morning but is not scheduled for delivery until...
2
2

OT Tidal power
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/08/07/3468583/major-milestone-tidal-power-wales/
160
160

Toilet leak
I am fitting a new concealed cistern. I cannot get a tight seal where the cistern base pipe meets the toilet bowl and when I flush the toilet water pours from this joint. Has anyone got any tricks of...
19
19

Supplier of duplicate olde worlde keys?
I have a key that fits a lock that is fitted to the front door of a 17C farm worker's cottage. I would like to get some duplicates. Key is not ornate but works and has some charm. About 8" long, stem...
5
5

Dual Thermostats on Water Cylinder
Is there much merit in fitting two thermostats to a large water cylinder in a large property that is often occupied by just two people who use the shower almost exclusively? I envisage mounting them...
6
6

How would I wire this double light switch
I want to replace the dimmer switch with a normal one but can someone advise me which wires go where. The top I presume wire over to the same position and then connect the earth to the cover. But the...
5
5

Concrete blocks for retaining wall
If I build a raised flower bed using dense concrete blocks it is advisable to paint or otherwise treat the inside surfaces before filling with earth? Many thanks.
34
34

LED lights outdoors?
The light fittings at the front and kitchen doors are due to be replaced soon. We're considering using LED lamps - is there any reason _not_ to use them in outdoor fittings?
11
11

Fake Britain, Fake 17th IEE regs.
Anyone see this yesterday. oldish story it seems. Why would they bother using fake figures, why don;t they just photocopy the genuine product and then fake it, all seems rather strange to me.
42
42

Fixing a firevalve
I've got one of these mounted in an inaccessible-ish location down the side of an aga. Its pissing diesel out. Its almost impossible to remove because its in-line with the actual pipework and there's...
7
7