Subject Author Posted Replies

Automotive relay contact numbers.
Car relays have an odd numbering system for their contacts. Anyone know the history to this? http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/relays/relays.php
3

Man not guilty of WD40 'frenzy'
I know everyone here loves a nice WD40 story ... A fabrication worker sprayed a colleague in the face with WD40 in a row about a new pair of overalls, a court heard last Tuesday (26 August). However,...
25
25

1000mm base units.
Magent - basic 1000 unit with 2 doors/ 2 drawers - £81, Basic unit with 2 doors - £76. You'll get a dicount on that with an Account. The good thing about Kitchen retailers is that they can just sell...
23
23

Anyone know what this is?
I'd hoped it was the cap for our well - it's somewhere around there - but now I'm not so sure. It's about 3 inches diameter. The iron pin comes out with a little persuasion, and then I see this Inside...
29
29

UPS packed up ?
Had to move my server for a couple of hours earlier. No problem, powered down, switched off UPS with button on front, unplugged everything, replugged back in, and ... Nothing whatsoever from the UPS....
7
7

Paint and rust removal from wrought iron gates
I've usually done this by using an electric drill-mounted wire brush, follo wed by whatever manual scraping tools come to hand (chisel, screwdriver, wi fe's best knife set) to get the fiddly bits. The...
2
2

Weird aldi offer
New one on me... :) NT http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=File:IMAG1572-2_aldi_sheep_cows.jpg
6
6

OT - HP Workstation Boot Failure
Hi all Also posted to but knowing the breadth of knowledge here......... We have 6 Z400/420 series workstations which seem to be prone to a boot fault. The first machine to suffer has had the...
14
14

Wheelchair ramp
I need to build a wheelchair ramp to cover a drop of about 180mm for a frie nd. Having spoken to the metal workshop, it's not much cheaper than just bu ying a plastic one, so I'm looking at building a...
10
10

Biscuit and slot sizes
Tthat's not a standard biscuit size. (although I expect you could stick a different blade on the machine) Try this - gives a fairly good demo of biscuit size: IME they should make a nice light...
4
4

OT Electric kettle question
Same here. Yes, we do empty it every time...and try to heat just enough water. The teenagers are a different matter...
44
44

Cheap biscuit jointer vs biscuit cutter for router
As usual harry demonstrates his lack of knowledge on woodwork, however lets clear up some of the misinformation. Firstly, dowels are not a replacement for biscuit joints - each have pros and cons, but...
6
6

TOT Aerbatic footage in small aircraft
In article , Richard scribeth thus Safety innit!, "remove all loose items of clothing";!.. You'd think she'd attempt to fly it tho;!. Used to go out with this lady albeit 20 years ago she was a...
11
11

Fire resistant electrical "cupboard"
Plasterboard is probably the easiest way of providing a degree of fire retardation. But being a cupboard, if you really think there is a danger of this some form of alarm inside would be a good idea?
19
19

Reel-to-Reel recorders etc
Items: 1126. 1144. 1390. Item: 5108. And any others that take your fancy.
5
5